Acropolis to plaka, how far?

guccibaby

Definitely walkable. And it's all downhill.

If you walk down from the Acropolis, you can walk through the Ancient Agora (included in the admission ticket to the Acropolis), and then you're basically at the Plaka.

Can't take more than 7-10 minutes (if that) for the downhill walk

We were also on the Ruby in Athens in July. We hired a car and driver for the day and had a lot of fun at a lot of places (Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, Plaka, Olympic Stadium, changing of the guard at the Presidetial Palace, etc) ... including a great lunch at a non-tourist location. It was about 200 Euros ... around 50 each. We thought that was a good deal.

O, I see you did the Ruby in July. That's the ship we're going on. Sept 13 is our sail date. How did you like it? Also, from the dock to Acropolis do you suggest a cab or train? I'm reading mix views on both.

What a small world, a co-worker of mine is actually on the same exact Ruby sailing.

The Ruby was a great ship. Never ever felt like there were 3,399 passengers on it. Don't miss the White Hot Deck Party and the Ruby Red Ball. The entertainment team is great.

As for getting to the Acropolis... I've actually been to Athens before on a previous cruise, when I did it with a private tour. This time around, instead of trying to see everything, my goal was just to get to the Acropolis and then walk the Plaka.

I actually walked from the port to the Metro and took the Metro to the Acropolis. Saw the Acropolis, walked down to the new Acropolis Museum (highly recommended), and then to the Ancient Agora. From there, walked to the Plaka and finished my dad. Took the train back to Piraeus, and then caught a bus from the Metro station to the port. All very relaxing.

However, if you haven't been to Athens before and want to get in all of the sights, doing it on your own has pluses and minuses.

Will be taking a cruise in September and wondering how far is Acropolis to Plaka? Is it walkable?

Yes, it is possible to walk from the Acropolis to Plaka. It is especially nice at night when you are in the Plaka and the Acropolis is lit. It is probably a good 10 minute walk. Lots of ruins in the Plaka as well.

Will be taking a cruise in September and wondering how far is Acropolis to Plaka? Is it walkable?

Head down from the Acropolis towards Hadrians Arch and you will pass right through the Plaka. If you would like a taverna recommendation try Scholario. It is family style Greek and the food was fantastic...

Archived