How Much Would YOU Pay for a Past Guest Pin?

falkcor

How Much Would YOU Pay for a Past Guest Pin?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Would YOU Pay for a Past Guest Pin?

• I never cared for them anyway. I won’t buy one.
    • They were nice, but I won’t miss them, or buy one.
    • $1-2
    • $3-4
    • $5-6
    • $7-8
    • $9-10
    • More than $10, within reason. But I’m NOT happy about it!
    • More than $10, within reason. I’ve gotta have that pin!

So, as of today’s announcement in John Heald’s blog, it seems the past guest pins’ fate has been sealed… At least for now:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/08/12/you-can-pin-this-blog-on-me/

We’ve conducted extensive research on the past guest pins regarding their popularity and how many guests are retaining them. Since our research indicated that platinum guests (10 Carnival cruises or more) were the most likely to keep the pins, the decision has been made to make the pins exclusive to Carnival’s platinum guests.

Pins will also be available for sale in Carnival’s gift shops beginning in late October.

We are pleased to continue to offer the pins, which many guests consider a treasured memento of their Carnival cruise.

So, for all of those non-platinum cruisers who like to collect those pins (and platinum cruisers who may buy ‘extras’ now, or would have in the past), how much would you be willing to pay for the past guest pins from the gift shop?

PS: Remember, I’m sure Carnival’s ‘extensive research department’ will read this ;)

For the purpose of this poll, what is the MOST you’d be willing to pay?

The pins are a nice keepsake. But I do not think I would really buy one - if they were more that 5 bucks :rolleyes:

... but i'm with you. not more than 5...

past that point, they're coming up on the cost of a drink... which is also overpriced, but inevitable :rolleyes:

pins, not so much :)

hehe. kidding aside... seriously. not more than 5. that's too much. for a PIN.

ESPECIALLY... a pin that was formerly known as... FREE! :eek:

and so far, results of this poll seem to support that. :D

So, as of today’s announcement in John Heald’s blog, it seems the past guest pins’ fate has been sealed… At least for now:

So, for all of those non-platinum cruisers who like to collect those pins (and platinum cruisers who may buy ‘extras’ now, or would have in the past), how much would you be willing to pay for the past guest pins from the gift shop?

PS: Remember, I’m sure Carnival’s ‘extensive research department’ will read this ;)

When did you start working for Carn-evil as a shill to find out what the market will bring for something Carnival used to give to past pax for a thank you for cruising with them again??? J/K

I think it is a shame, but I pointed this out in May after the May 2nd cruise on the Glory that Carn-evil said they were phasing them out and people said I was wrong....Oops.....Guess not....;)

I won't pay a dime and "falkcor" you forgot to put that as an option in your poll......Carn-evil has taught you well young Jedi......

I just had to do this......:D

When did you start working for Carn-evil as a shill to find out what the market will bring for something???... J/K

phh. yeah, that'll be the day... and seriously, if i didn't, someone else would :rolleyes:

I won't pay a dime and you "falkcor" forgot to put that as an option in your poll......

there's two options for that, jedi master :p

]

I just had to do this......:D

don't color me surprised. ;)

phh. yeah, that'll be the day... and seriously, if i didn't, someone else would :rolleyes:

there's two options for that, jedi master :p

]

don't color me surprised. ;)

You didn't answer my "You didn't include I wouldn't pay for one".....;) What's up with that...I couldn't vote in this poll because of that and Carn-evil isn't getting that side of the feeling of the people.....

You started the poll...At least make it so Carnival knows how all of the pollsters feel when they look at the top of the page.....:D

You didn't answer my "You didn't include I wouldn't pay for one".....;) What's up with that...I couldn't vote in this poll because of that and Carn-evil isn't getting that side of the feeling of the people.....

huh? i did answer that... and...

i included 2 options in the poll:

- I never cared for them anyway. I won’t buy one.

- They were nice, but I won’t miss them, or buy one.

i thought that just about summed up 'i wouldn't pay a dime for one'... two options for not buying one... if the concern is not including the sum of a dime...? that's a bit much. do you work for gallup or something :confused:

lighten up, dude :)

Those weren't options for "No I wouldn't pay for them they should still be given to past guests".....Those were sneaky ways to say it. ;)

ok... now i understand what you're saying, but frankly you didn't state it concisely until now. :p

granted, i didn't think to put that there as an option... but i did specifically pre-suppose the notion that:

not sneaky ways to say it, just based on the announced 'new policy'. a realistic inquiry, that being considered.

sorry i didn't think of your option. but i think you've voiced your opinion here, to clarify the omission, and where you stand. :rolleyes:

others are free to do the same :)

huh? i did answer that... and...

i included 2 options in the poll:

i thought that just about summed up 'i wouldn't pay a dime for one'... two options for not buying one... if the concern is not including the sum of a dime...? that's a bit much. do you work for gallup or something :confused:

lighten up, dude :)

Dudes ride horses on ranches in Montana......Or surf boards in California...As always I am cool......;):cool:

Dudes ride horses on ranches in Montana......Or surf boards in California...As always I am cool......;):cool:

good enough for me... :cool:

just stop the madness... at least the madness, as directed here. i'm tired. :)

*note to self: don't make a poll again... EVER... or at least... consult jessemon first... so he can vote, too... :rolleyes:

The most I would pay is $2.00 but as of Oct. 2010 I'll be Platinum anyway. :D

November will only be my 2nd Carnival cruise so I've never been a past guest before. So I really don't have any feeling one way or the other about them. Can't miss what I've never had, you know?

But I have a question. If anyone can go into the gift shop or whatever and buy a past guest pin then what makes them special if anyone can get one?

November will only be my 2nd Carnival cruise so I've never been a past guest before. So I really don't have any feeling one way or the other about them. Can't miss what I've never had, you know?

But I have a question. If anyone can go into the gift shop or whatever and buy a past guest pin then what makes them special if anyone can get one?

Because currently that option is not available. They will not be offered in the gift shops until late Oct.

Dave

Archived