Ideas for throwing a booking party?

Fat Boy

I'm putting together an "all girls" cruise for my wife and a dozen of her girlfriends in February 2010 (Jacksonville or Tampa). I prefer to book directly through Carnival as there are less "layers" to deal with if there are problems.

Each lady will be paying for their own cruise, but I want to do all the bookings at once. To facilitate and coordinate the bookings, I am going to throw a "booking party". All the ladies need to do is show up with their deposit (or the card they want to put it on).

Of course I'm going to have all the standard DOD drinks... A Bahamas theme... Pictures from their previous cruises (about half have been on a Carnival cruise with my wife)... Maybe have the DVD running from the Mardi Gras cruise...

What else would you suggest? Games? Maybe assign each lady to the Blue Team or Red Team, then track team results, ending with pre-paid drink cards for the winning team (of course, the losing team would also get them, but wouldn't know 'til later).

I'm open to just about anything. Thanks!

Do you have a brother???:D

My husband would NEVER think of something so fun....

Stop by a TA and get a brochure book & they might even have the DVD...

Dont forget the music... you could put together a trivia type contest, that is currently very big on the ships

You could play a round of bingo.. they have small sets at the party stores.

I am sure what ever you do it will be great!!!

That's nice of you to do for your wife. I'd be crazy knowing that my wife was cruising while I sat at home. Not that I don't trust her, I just love to cruise. I'd have to book myself solo on some other boat that week.

That's nice of you to do for your wife. I'd be crazy knowing that my wife was cruising while I sat at home. Not that I don't trust her, I just love to cruise. I'd have to book myself solo on some other boat that week.

I'm looking to do a short cruise out of Miami with my brothers and guy friends a month later... Then swing up to Jupiter, FL to catch some Cardinals Spring Training action... Hopefully they'll have their new "World Champions" patches on the uniform by then!

Just a thought....if you haven't done a group cruise before, I would recommend finding a TA that is experienced with groups...believe me, if a problem arises with a group, you would rather have someone else deal with the layers, especially with people you know...it can become a disaster quickly. Especially with payments. Give someone else the responsibility...each person can call the TA and give their payment and you would be essentially the group leader, where the TA would report to you.....I've done many many groups, some with personal friends, and even if it goes perfectly, someone willnot be happy, and then you have to deal with it.....just my 2 cents.

The party sounds great though!!! The trivia contest sounds like a great idea...will teach some cruise facts to anyone who hasn't cruised before.

I'm putting together an "all girls" cruise for my wife and a dozen of her girlfriends in February 2010 (Jacksonville or Tampa). I prefer to book directly through Carnival as there are less "layers" to deal with if there are problems.

Each lady will be paying for their own cruise, but I want to do all the bookings at once. To facilitate and coordinate the bookings, I am going to throw a "booking party". All the ladies need to do is show up with their deposit (or the card they want to put it on).

Of course I'm going to have all the standard DOD drinks... A Bahamas theme... Pictures from their previous cruises (about half have been on a Carnival cruise with my wife)... Maybe have the DVD running from the Mardi Gras cruise...

What else would you suggest? Games? Maybe assign each lady to the Blue Team or Red Team, then track team results, ending with pre-paid drink cards for the winning team (of course, the losing team would also get them, but wouldn't know 'til later).

Wow, Fatboy! What a great husband! After five cruises with my hubby and our friends, just the girls are going in February (Inspiration 2/13) and leaving the hubbies behind (my DH is a little sad, he loves to cruise, but I'm taking him in April).

Party ideas...trivia questions are always good, island music, karaoke, tropical food and drink...but you know, just having them get together and plan their wonderful vacation will be great in itself.

If each is taking care of their own booking, then I would go through Carnival too. The PVP's are very helpful and each cruiser could call with questions, as long as they have all the info - booking number, password number, etc.

Have fun! Pictures, we want to see pictures!!!:D

Just a thought....if you haven't done a group cruise before, I would recommend finding a TA that is experienced with groups...believe me, if a problem arises with a group, you would rather have someone else deal with the layers, especially with people you know...it can become a disaster quickly. Especially with payments. Give someone else the responsibility...each person can call the TA and give their payment and you would be essentially the group leader, where the TA would report to you.....I've done many many groups, some with personal friends, and even if it goes perfectly, someone willnot be happy, and then you have to deal with it.....just my 2 cents.

The party sounds great though!!! The trivia contest sounds like a great idea...will teach some cruise facts to anyone who hasn't cruised before.

I agree. And if you do a "group" booking, you can get perks! BTW you are such a sweetheart to do this for your wife!

I am going on my first ever girls cruise (heck, girls trip anywhere) and my dh is not that thrilled by it. I even suggested he get some guy friends together and go somewhere after I return.

I'm always thrilled when I can send her on these "girls only" trips. She does so much the rest of the year, letting he be "young and kidless" a couple times a year is the least I can do for her. This way, she gets to have fun and do all the things on that I usually don't want to do (karaoke, night club, etc.). And she comes back in a great mood, which yields great rewards for me!

tell them they have to dress as if they were laying out on F deck : )

Is that the old "clothing optional" area? Do they still have those areas on Carnival? I don't know how well that'll go over at the party, but I'm certainly willing to suggest it!

FatBoy.............I did a trivia contest when we held the Carnival Fun Day party back in March. Email me and I will send you a copy of the trivia.........knoop at suddenlink dot net.

Will do! Thanks!

We do a pre cruise party every October ! :D

Bean bag toss ,every hole in one gets a free shot of their preference :rolleyes:.

Grill Galore ! Shrimp, Flounder, mussels, clams ,corn etc !

Southern style ! And the local DJ's play our favorite music on the radio.

While there not at the party they will be aboard with us doing their thing !:cool:

Just a thought....if you haven't done a group cruise before, I would recommend finding a TA that is experienced with groups...

I don't think we'll have quite enough people to officially get the group rates, and I've heard lots of horror stories about people not being able to get ahold of their TA, or their TA not taking care of Early Saver requests. I understand it may be a pain for me, but I think it'll be worth it.

Wow, Fatboy! What a great husband! After five cruises with my hubby and our friends, just the girls are going in February (Inspiration 2/13) and leaving the hubbies behind (my DH is a little sad, he loves to cruise, but I'm taking him in April).

I'm not such a great husband. I do these things so I can squeak by with "mediocre" the rest of the year... I just pray every day she doesn't wise up and realize she could do better.

It's a small world! Her girls cruise was originally planned for the Inspiration on 02/13 (Fat Tuesday in Coz!), but too many people had issues with being away for Valentines day or they didn't want to go back to Mexico two cruises in a row. Now it's looking like a Bahamas cruise out of Jacksonville on February 20th.

I agree. And if you do a "group" booking, you can get perks! BTW you are such a sweetheart to do this for your wife!

I think you need 8 rooms to be considered a "group". I don't think we'll have enough folks (13 split across 5 rooms), so no perks for us.

Hi Fat Boy....My name is Jessica and can I join in this all ladies cruise ????

Not falling for that are you. Hey buddy, I think that is a great idea. I think you need to have a nightie contest (with you being the only male judge of course) and whoever wins gets a $50 shipboard credit....Even if you have to put up the $50....LMAO....:eek::D:p

I have some Carnival DVD's, posters, etc. Email me and I'll send them to you.

That's very kind of you, BeachTravel, but I think I'm set for decorations and DVDs. We have the DVDs and all the pictures from the last couple cruises. Thank you for the offer, though.

why don't you try your hand at whipping up some of these? ;)

Thanks a load, Falkcor! I just dropped back under 300lbs. That's all the FAT BOY needs is a recipe for warm chocolate melting cake! I've already had 10 of them this year (plus another 5 coming in November).

Bean bag toss ,every hole in one gets a free shot of their preference.

That sounds like a great idea! I've already got the list of DOD recipes. Now I'll need to compile the shot list, too.

You can book a group thru Carnival. They have a group travel department. You are suppose to have a group of eight cabins. We only have 3 but because we booked as a hopeful group we still got $40 off each cabin which is better than nothing. The rep also told us that if we are able to get at least five cabins, she will go ahead and give us $50 more off each cabin. They do something called points, every eight cabins (or in our case 5) earn so many amenity points. You can then take the amenity points as dollars off or have Carnival host a cocktail party or such. It just depends on the amount of points you've earned. Each person called and booked themselves and paid for their own deposits.

Archived