Spirit Class Cat 11 - 4226 and 4235

brady1439

Hello,

I recently booked a Cat 11 suite on the Carnival Pride and I sail mid-Sept. I simply did the option where you pick the type of room and Carnival picks the location (trying to save a few hundred bucks), which I am now finding, was a mistake.

I was placed in room 4226, which I hear, is one of the worst rooms on the ship because of a stairwell. Does anyone have pictures of room 4226 or 4235? Espescially the balcony and the bathroom. I would like as much information and/or as many pictures as possible so that I can decide what to do from this point. THANK YOU!!!

I don't have any pictures but I did stay in 4237 in Feb on the Miracle. There is a stairwell there used by the crew. The one thing I didn't like about the cabin is the door below (directly underneath 4235) used by the crew to go outside and smoke slams shut a lot.

Now, that didn't prevent me from booking the same cabin in April on the Spirit. But that is because of the huge balcony and being directly aft. I don't think I would want 4226 or 4235 unless it was a free upgrade. The slamming wasn't going on all hours, in other words it wasn't waking me up at 2am. But during the day it is slamming all the time.

Edited by gargoyle999

The balcony is one of the smallest for a suite. It loses alot of space due to the exterior stairwell.

We were in 4237 last year and chatted with our neighbors in 4235. They loved the cabin itself, it is a very large space, but they hated the balcony. The stairs themselves are not really an issue as far as noise is concerned.

In this picture you can see just how small the balcony is. You can see where the aft-wrap (4237) balcony ends, then the small space to the right 4235, then what looks like a very large balcony space is actually empty as it is part of the stairwell. The two windows visible here are part of cabin 4235.

2245587200080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't have any pictures but I did stay in 4237 in Feb on the Miracle. There is a stairwell there used by the crew. The one thing I didn't like about the cabin is the door below (directly underneath 4235) used by the crew to go outside and smoke slams shut a lot.

Now, that didn't prevent me from booking the same cabin in April on the Spirit. But that is because of the huge balcony and being directly aft. I don't think I would want 4226 or 4235 unless it was a free upgrade. The slamming wasn't going on all hours, in other words it wasn't waking me up at 2am. But during the day it is slamming all the time.

We loved 4237 - but did notice the same thing. From about 3 - through the dinner seatings there are lots on staff in and out that door :eek:!!

The balcony is one of the smallest for a suite. It loses alot of space due to the exterior stairwell.

That is an excellent picture showing the stairwell. I didn't even realize just how small that balcony is.

OP- if there are other Cat 11's open on your sailing I would definitely switch.

Wow... For the price I'm paying to get a Suite, that looks rediculous. That balcony looks smaller than the ones on the Balcony Stateroom. And the price difference was up towards $1000... It's too late to switch rooms, since the cruise is so close and all of the suites are sold out... but there has to be something I can do.

THANK YOU FOR THE QUICK RESONSES!!!

I probably shouldn't "say" this out loud so Carnival doesn't get any ideas....but I'm surprised that they do not have different Cat 11's on the Spirit class due to the big differences in the balcony.

You really are not getting the same thing when you consider the cabin and balcony together if you compare a Cat 11 midship, Cat 11 like 4226/4235 and the aft wraps. Could easily have Cat 11A (small balcony), Cat 11B (midship), Cat 11C (aft wrap). Cat 11B would be same as now, Cat 11A would be at a discount due to small balcony and Cat 11C would be a premium due to huge balcony.

Are you past final payment? If not you may want to consider saving the $ and moving to a balcony cabin.

Edited by gargoyle999

I probably shouldn't "say" this out loud so Carnival doesn't get any ideas....but I'm surprised that they do not have different Cat 11's on the Spirit class due to the big differences in the balcony.

You really are not getting the same thing when you consider the cabin and balcony together if you compare a Cat 11 midship, Cat 11 like 4226/4235 and the aft wraps. Could easily have Cat 11A (small balcony), Cat 11B (midship), Cat 11C (aft wrap). Cat 11B would be same as now, Cat 11A would be at a discount due to small balcony and Cat 11C would be a premium due to huge balcony.

Are you past final payment? If not you may want to consider saving the $ and moving to a balcony cabin.

Carnival maybe reading this. Don't give them any ideas!:)

I have often thought the same thing. It will come someday, you watch and see.

Wow... For the price I'm paying to get a Suite, that looks rediculous. That balcony looks smaller than the ones on the Balcony Stateroom. And the price difference was up towards $1000... It's too late to switch rooms, since the cruise is so close and all of the suites are sold out... but there has to be something I can do.

THANK YOU FOR THE QUICK RESONSES!!!

But the room is HUGE. We saw our "neighbors" cabin - during a CC cabin crawl. I was shocked how big the cabin was - so it would be great for some who wants alot of space but does not really care about the balcony.

Not for me...mind you...but it was a nice cabin!

Does anyone have pictures of the insode of the cabin? I'm looking for more than just the poicture from the door (like the only picute on the carnival site)... shots of the bathroom, guestroom, and balcony (from the insode of the room) would be great. Thanks!!!

We ended up with 4235 on the Pride (also due to suite guarantee). The Carnival rep that I was workig with when I was trying to decide whether to do the guarantee and save some money or pick my own assured me "there are no bad suites". When our cabin number was assigned is when I did a google search and found several references on this site to 4226 & 4235 on the Spirit Class. I called Carnival several times and they would not budge. We were stuck. Our cabin wasn't so bad except for the small balcony and the the fact that our room stewards, though wonderful people, were horrible at cleaning. As others have said, the room itself is very roomy.

We did not notice much traffic on the stairwell after the first couple of days. We ended up using the stairway ourselves quite a bit as it was a lot easier to go outside after a show or dinner and use the stairs than work our way through all the people and hallways;). The stemware did rattle when the ship was going fast but all you have to do is move them apart so they aren't touching. I saw on one of these threads that someone put a towel under them but we never had to resort to that.

The bathroom was the same as in the other suites with a double sink & whirlpool. There is also a wonderful little sitting area with closet, mirror & lights between the main room & bathroom. (You also get the wood floor in the entry & VIP embarkment:D).

The door outside 4335 was not so loud. I was surprised because of what I had read before the cruise. We did go try the door by 4226 and it did have more of a suction, was heavier or ??? don't know what but it did seem a little louder from the hallway. As far as the crew smoking area, I don't know. It wasn't a problem for us but we were on the other side in 4335. We did hear a lot of the crew on their cell phones right underneath our balcony while in port. Other than that it was usually pretty quiet, even with the laundry room just around the corner.

I was afraid that once we had a suite it would be hard to go back to a regular balcony room. The suite was better than I was expecting after reading other threads (except dirty:eek:). Other than missing the wonderful little dressing area and large balcony, I will be perfectly content from now on with a regular balcony room.

Sorry, I did take pictures (lots of them) but they did not turn out. :(

Sorry, meant to say I would miss the large bathroom and sitting/dressing room ~ not the non-existant large balcony.:o

Good Luck if you try to get your cabin changed. I tried calling several times. Everytime I called the person that I spoke with thought that I had a legitimate complaint but could not do anything but pass me on to a supervisor. The supervisors (one left me on hold for over 2 hours) were not sympathetic at all. One was extremely rude. Even the person who called to do an upsell told me to send a letter to a specific dept after the cruise and that I would get some sort of resolution. He offered a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, photo vouchers and discount to upgrade to a category 12. He seemed sincerely sympathetic but I had decided we were not going to give Carnival any more money on this particular trip than we already had. Decided to just go and have a good time even if it wasn't the suite we had hoped for. Some things just aren't worth getting worked up over.

We have booked another cruise for October and this time around have had wonderful people whenever we have called.:)

• 2 weeks later...
I got my room switched. I moved to room 6183 which is in the middle of the Empress deck. It's right in the middle of the ship, so there shouldn't be anything major.

Thanks for all of the help and advice!!!

That should be just fine for you. Empress is in the middle of two other passenger decks, so noise will be less.

I got my room switched. I moved to room 6183 which is in the middle of the Empress deck. It's right in the middle of the ship, so there shouldn't be anything major.

Thanks for all of the help and advice!!!

That is good news! Glad it worked out for you.

• 1 month later...

We are considering book 4237 and 4235 (two couples traveling together). Is there a way to go between the two balconies? If so, our party occupying 4235 wouldn't mind the small balcony if it's possible to access 4237.

• 5 years later...

Having read many damning things on the net on this cabin, i would like to report that there is nothing wrong with this cabin. I have just got off the ship, and yes the balcony is of a standard size, but that is why this cabin is a little cheaper than the others. The room is quiet large. The stairwell is not an issue. There is no noise, and no matter where you stand on the stairwell you can not see in to the room. You would have to be 10 foot tall to see in the room. I honestly do not know what people expect. It is quite clear when you book this cabin, you are paying for a large suite with a standard balcony. I have a feeling that some people can never be satisfied and will complain no matter what. This is a vety comfortable and quiet room, which i would book again There is nothing wrong with carnival spirit room 4226. Enjoy your vacation