New to cruising, Pride in Nov.

cherbear711

Hi all,

My dh and I will be taking our first cruise this November. We sail from Baltimore on the Pride on the 22nd. We are both very excited, but also a little nervous that we may miss out on things, or commit a faux pas unintentionally.

If anyone can offer advice, tips, info on the Pride, excursions, etc. I would so appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to getting great advice from all the experts here, I gotta tell you that this board has been a huge help!

Cher

What "faux pas" could you possibly commit??? Listen, this is just a vacation, just like any other! There's no "right or wrong" way to do it!

1st, get the cruise brochure--the cruiseline will send you one if you want...read it. Lot's of info that you need to know in there!

2nd, get a guidebook on the ports you'll visit. That way, you find out what each place offers, and you can determine if you actually NEED to spend money on an excursion, or if you can do it on your own! Things like beaches, shopping...are usually VERY easy to do without paying to do it with a group! But you need to do a little research...it can make a good vacation great, and save you money!

Enjoy the anticipation of your 1st cruise! There's nothing like it!

Relax there. Realize that there is more information out there than you can ever absorb. Do the research that interests you. There are not enough hours in the day to be able to do everything. Sit back. Relax. Take it as it goes. See the things and do the things that interest you. The things that you miss will still be there on your next cruise. You will go again. Harry :cool:

I would check Carnival's website for information on what tours are offered in which ports. If you see something you guys might like, book in advance. As for the time on the ship...just let it play out by ear. Relax, unwind and let the ship just take you. Make sure you go out on the upper decks around 2AM and look at all the stars...it will bring a tear to your eye.

We were on the Pride in June, so any questions you'd like to ask, feel free.

Be sure to go to the Carnival board here on Cruise Critic. Do a search on the word "pride" and you'll get lots of threads with lots of information.

Archived