QM2 5.248 or 6.100?

jlrf

Help! I've read as much as I can find about cabins and balconies, but am still a bit confused.

I have cabin 5.248 but my TA has just phoned with a match for 6.100 for about C$900 more (per cabin). Do you think it's worth it?

In case this makes a difference: I'm travelling with my 79-yr-old father who has COPD and is generally a little creaky. Would one of the cabins be better than the other for him?

Thank you!

Jeanine

Here's my take.

First question to consider - will the balcony be worth $900 to you? How much will it add to your enjoyment versus the oceanview?

5248 is as far aft (save one cabin) as you can go. May feel a bit more movement than 6100. However, you would have a shorter walk to the dining room, if that is an issue WRT the COPD. OTOH, 6100 is about equidistant from the dining room (aft) and the theater (fore).

Also, 5248 is a wheelchair accessible cabin so it will have no tub.

Finally (treating C$ at parity, which it about is), $900 is $150 per day. Picking a random crossing for 2010 (29-Apr-2010), I see a difference per day between a B1 and a C1 of $78 per day.

Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks for putting this in perspective. Nope, I think we could spend $900 in other ways. Walking is an issue, so being close to the elevators is important, and my father can't step over the side of a bath, so being tubless isn't a problem.

j

Archived