Cruise Insurance

neo99

If you needed to be air-lifted to a hospital, could your afford a 4-5 digit helicopter or plane medivac expense? If you are comfortable with paying this out of pocket, then there's no need to buy insurance.

Since we don't know your financial situation, we can't advise one way or the other...only you can make that decision.

Cruise insurance is a VERY smart investment -- and the boards here are filled with literally hundreds of stories of healthy people who ended up happy that they had the insurance. You might want to search the forums to find them

and get the insurance --

I agree with everyone else. It is more for the medical coverage if there is an accident. Even if you can drive to the port and won't have any issue with flight delays or lost luggage (good for those of us who have to fly to the ports) the medical coverage is worth it.

The less cost for the trip the less cost for the insurance but the medical and other coverage is still the same amounts. You should really look into getting it.

The price that you quoted seems high. Go to www.insuremytrip.com and check the prices and coverage limits.

Yeah..very high. I just bought coverage this week for our 8 day cruise to Mexico in Nov. It was $96 for the two of us with a trip cost of $2,000. Even adding cancel for any reason wouldn't have brought the cost close to $190! Do you have a super fancy suite or something? :)

It's a 3-day cruise to Mexico (Ensenada) in a Cat. 12. The insurance cost of $190 is from Carnival. :eek: I thought it was kind of high for two people. I guess I'll have to check online for cheaper insurance.

Thanks for the replies.

Is it worth it for a 3-day cruise to Mexico?

It's $190 for two people. I don't know if we really need it. We're still young (sort of ;) ) and healthy.

I'm 66 with a load of medical problems.. 4 heart attacks, pace maker. COPD, cancer survivor, congestive heart failure, ect.....

I alway purchase travel insurance, I've never needed it, but the piece of mind is well worth the price...

My 35 year old daughter in perfect health was cruising with me on a T/A, fell on wet stairs... X-Ray's(back, arm, hand) sent to mainland to be read, pain medication for back ache, and torn ligaments in thumb plus doctors visits.... WOW did it get expensive in a hurry.... Filed claim and was reimbursed within days..... The benefits paid will cover several additional "cruise & A/A insurance coverage"

You should be able to find travel insurance on the net for less than $ 50.00 for a 3 day cruise.

Is it worth it for a 3-day cruise to Mexico?

It's $190 for two people. I don't know if we really need it. We're still young (sort of ;) ) and healthy.

That premium is VERY high for 3-days!!! The Cruiseline insurance is more expensive and has low medical and marginal MedEvac. Look at the TravelEx and TravelInsured "Lite" Policies which should be MUCH less expensive and higher coverages. You can check them at the Insurer's site and run the numbers. [This assumes you've already checked your own Health Insurance for out-of-country coverage and your Credit Card for Trip Protection coverage]. ken

Please check with a different company. I am only paying $158 for two people for a 8 day cruise. We book with AAA and always get Ins. with them, it is with Berkley Ins. We have always gotten Ins. for our cruises and luckily have never needed it so far. If we need it just one time it will be worth not using it the others.

Archived