MSC Opera for those in their 20's

MortgageChick

My daughter(21) and her boyfriend )26) are looking for a good deal on a cruise March 5. The best deal I have found is $525 each inside on the Opera. They like the itinerary, but I am concerned that they may find it a bit subdued and that perhaps there will be no others their age on board. Does the disco stay open late?

My daughter has sailed Carnival, RCL, Costa and NCL before, and likes some nightlife.

i'll be sailing on this ship 1/8 with my girlfriend (26 and 24) and will be happy to report back after I sail. However, I have not heard of many younger people on these lines. Having cruised on Princess, RCL and Carnival in the past I'm sure I can provide a little perspective in a couple weeks.

I'm 31 and single, and had a blast. It's true that the disco crowd were in their teens, but the Animation Crew was fab and following them around, I had so much fun. I actually hit it off with the crew, many of whom were close to my own age.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Boyfriend and I are also thinking about sailing on opera 2/19. We are both 22 and on spring break...I wonder if we will feel out of place? For that matter, I'm not sure that he owns a suit formal enough for formal nights. Anyone have some thoughts?

smiles,

allison

Archived