Is Atlantis worth it?

calenita

We are a family of five - Me, DH, DD14,DS12 and DS9. Going on first trip to Bahamas on a cruise - four days - one day in Nassau. So is it worth it to go to Atlantis cost wise? I know that is a subjective question but after you have gone have you regretted the cost or if you didn't go were you dissapointed you did not go? DH has always wanted to go but the cost is pretty steep for the aqua pass - $149 adult and $129 child. The comfort suites would not work for us since we are a family of 5. Any ideas options?

We all like waterparks but I don't know about paying so much to go to one. We also all love the beach and a good pool too.

Thanks all.

We are a family of five - Me, DH, DD14,DS12 and DS9. Going on first trip to Bahamas on a cruise - four days - one day in Nassau. So is it worth it to go to Atlantis cost wise? I know that is a subjective question but after you have gone have you regretted the cost or if you didn't go were you dissapointed you did not go? DH has always wanted to go but the cost is pretty steep for the aqua pass - $149 adult and $129 child. The comfort suites would not work for us since we are a family of 5. Any ideas options?

We all like waterparks but I don't know about paying so much to go to one. We also all love the beach and a good pool too.

Thanks all.

As waterparks go, this is nothing in comparison to those in the states and 3-4 times more expensive. Kids can certainly have a good time at Atlantis, but for the money, I personally don't think it's worth it. If you have a long stay, viewing the Aquarium might make it a little more "worth it". But even then, this is not a world class aquarium, and a good portion of it can be seen for free.

If you need a beach and pool, you can get a resort pass to other hotels for far less. Sheraton is $25pp. Hilton is $40 and includes a $30 lunch voucher.

Atlantis is overcrowded and overhyped. Especially when the cruise ships are in port.

I have been to Atlantis on a cruise twice and am planning to go back again in October, it's my sister's first cruise and she will love it there. It IS expensive! I have never regretted going there or the expense. I know that a lot of folks will disagree. It is NOT an "authentic" island experience, but the architecture, and the water, and the Dig and aqariums are just beautiful, it is like a dreamscape. In the past, we booked at the Comfort Suites across the street from Atlantis and then we booked at Atlantis itself. There are lots of threads here about booking at Comfort Suites to get Altantis privileges.

Now that the ships are doing the Atlantis excursion, it might be more crowded or even overcrowded, I think we are lucky to be going back on a day there is only one other ship in port, so it might not be as bad. Whatever you decide, good luck!

We booked our cruise this October just so we could take our 9 & 7 year old girls to the Atlantis. we paid $180 for 2 adults & 2 children vs. $420 at the atlantis or $600 on board the ship. Your savings booking through Comfort Inn would be worth it even if you had to buy another kiddie admission once you arrived at the Atlantis, but i'd try to ... convince the front desk clerk that you needed a 5th person in the room first! you never know! it never hurts to ask! the worst thing they can say is no, right?

We booked our cruise this October just so we could take our 9 & 7 year old girls to the Atlantis. we paid $180 for 2 adults & 2 children vs. $420 at the atlantis or $600 on board the ship. Your savings booking through Comfort Inn would be worth it even if you had to buy another kiddie admission once you arrived at the Atlantis, but i'd try to ... convince the front desk clerk that you needed a 5th person in the room first! you never know! it never hurts to ask! the worst thing they can say is no, right?

Even if you "convinced" the front desk clerk to allow another person. You could only get a maximum of 4 bracelets with your room card. All this is computerized.

Hi- We spent the day at Atlantis a few years ago and then went back for a short, inexpensive visit this year- $5 pp in a van cab. It is quite a huge place with all of the Vegas amenities- interesting, but considering the price, you might compare the price of the Sheraton Cable Beach which has a great beach and good pools.

This year we visited Atlantis in the morning, then spent the afternoon at the Sheraton.

sorry for the misinformation. they must have changed it since our trip there last year. we were given paper tickets by the front desk clerk to give to the Atlantis staff to claim our bracelets there. there could have been computer issues preventing the usual protocol. it did take longer than necessary to check in at the comfort inn - about 45 minutes w/o a line. the atlantis staff didn't request to see anything from CI except the tickets. or maybe we got a lazy employee who didn't bother.

in any case, if your children love the water and/or waterparks, they'd love the Atlantis!!

sorry for the misinformation. they must have changed it since our trip there last year. we were given paper tickets by the front desk clerk to give to the Atlantis staff to claim our bracelets there. there could have been computer issues preventing the usual protocol. it did take longer than necessary to check in at the comfort inn - about 45 minutes w/o a line. the atlantis staff didn't request to see anything from CI except the tickets. or maybe we got a lazy employee who didn't bother.

in any case, if your children love the water and/or waterparks, they'd love the Atlantis!!

They still give a paper room card.. but it's put into the computer.. and they won't give more than a maximum of 4 bracelets per room. So even if you got the front desk to let you pay for 5.. Atlantis wouldn't give you 5 bracelets.

We will be on a cruise next Nov on the Oasis and there is a group of 4 of us and we we considering renting at the Comfort Suites but wonder if it will be worth it because we also want to do the dolphin enconter and sea loin encounter and dont know if we will have enough time to enjoy the atlantis pools since we will arrive at 1pm and depart at 7pm. What do you sugguest.

Thanks

We will be on a cruise next Nov on the Oasis and there is a group of 4 of us and we we considering renting at the Comfort Suites but wonder if it will be worth it because we also want to do the dolphin enconter and sea loin encounter and dont know if we will have enough time to enjoy the atlantis pools since we will arrive at 1pm and depart at 7pm. What do you sugguest.

Thanks

Keep in mind that the slides will start closing around 4:30/5pm in November. Giving you literally no time to enjoy the slides. Pools will be closed shut by 6pm.

Your timing isn't very good for most tours.

Thanks

Is the ship arriving in Nassau at 1:00 and then you want to do the encounters or are you arriving at Atlantis after your dolphin encounter at 1:00 p.m.? That will make a difference since I don't think you will have enought time to enjoy it if your ship arrives at 1:00. If you are at Atlantis at 1:00 then yes, you can enjoy the pools and slides for several hours.

Archived