anyone been on Majesty of the seas lately??

pholmes

Hi. Our cruise on Majesty is coming up soon and I had a few questions regarding things to do for the kids. (14 and 12).

Do they have a volleyball court or a mini putt? Are the pools saltwater pools? We have been on a Carnival cruise and they had soft icecream that the kids could just go up and help themselves. Anything like this? Is it best to have the early seating or late for dinner....we would like to catch the evening shows. How is the nightly entertainment?/ Thanks

Hi. Our cruise on Majesty is coming up soon and I had a few questions regarding things to do for the kids. (14 and 12).

Do they have a volleyball court or a mini putt? Are the pools saltwater pools? We have been on a Carnival cruise and they had soft icecream that the kids could just go up and help themselves. Anything like this? Is it best to have the early seating or late for dinner....we would like to catch the evening shows. How is the nightly entertainment?/ Thanks

They have the soft-serve up on the pool deck

Pools are filled w/ salt water. Not many ships out there have freshwater pools. There are a handful but the names escape me right now.

Early or late dinner is strictly your preference. When you board go check out "my time dining" which enables you to dine at times other than the two set times. On the shorter cruise you may find the buffet better for dinner especially w/ kids.

Entertainment was great. Great staff on Majesty. Shes in great shape too for her age. It instantly became our favorite ship w/ the exception of the Adventure of the Seas.

Enjoy your cruise!!

They have the soft-serve up on the pool deck

Not anymore! We just disembarked this morning and our vacation was ruined because they removed the soft serve ice cream/yogurt by the pool.:eek: Ok, it wasn't ruined (I had to poke fun at some previous posts that I have read in the past), but I was disappointed. I asked where it was and all they told me was that it broke and they're not sure it is coming back. I wondered if that was another cost cutting motive, I guess we'll find out on future cruises. I tried to keep a positive attitude because I probably didn't gain as much weight!;)

Just back 2 weeks from our B2B, we loved Majesty. Beautiful since her dry dock. The food was exceptional IMHO, especially in Windjammer. Best we've ever had in fact. I didn't even think to look for soft serve, who needs it! You can get ice cream from the main dining room. Or Lattitudes for nominal fee. Don't think there was a golf course...didn't see it. But a sports court with basketball, pingpong etc. Shows we saw were great, a juggling comedian who has been on The Tonight Show and was hilarious and another juggler that was also awesome. Production shows are a little amaturish but oh well. All in all, a fine ship. Would sail her again in a heartbeat.

Archived