recently returned cruisers a question

hi could any of the recently returned cruisers tell me what they are currently doing at embarkation with the swine flu situation. are they still doing the thermal imaging?

i know its not really a problem now, but i'm simply curious as to weather they are still doing it.

We just got of the Pacific Sun 12 days ago, and when we went to Lifou & Noumea, they scanned all of us with a thermal imaging camera.

If your going to the Isle of Pines, then they is a chance you wont make it, but it depends if the Chief has his meeting to talk about swan flu.

Hope this helps :)

I embarked on the 21st of July in Sydney, and there was no scanning, aside from the usual metal detector. We didnt get to go to Isle of Pines because of swine flu (due to there being no confirmed cases there yet) but got an extra day in Vila so didnt mind at all

I embarked on the 21st of July in Sydney, and there was no scanning, aside from the usual metal detector. We didnt get to go to Isle of Pines because of swine flu (due to there being no confirmed cases there yet) but got an extra day in Vila so didnt mind at all

I too was on the same cruise as Bellyrox :p.

We were scanned in Noumea and Lifou which does slow down the process a little. We didn't get clearance from the port authorities in Noumea that passengers could leave the ship until about 8.30am.

Hopefully when you cruise the swine flu problems might have dissapeared ;).

I too was on the same cruise as Bellyrox :p.

We were scanned in Noumea and Lifou which does slow down the process a little. We didn't get clearance from the port authorities in Noumea that passengers could leave the ship until about 8.30am.

Hopefully when you cruise the swine flu problems might have dissapeared ;).

We were scanned? I didnt even realise!! Then again, I didnt end up going through any security to get off at those ports - once I got my tender ticket, I waited in my cabin, which was literally next door to where we desembarked to go to Noumea, or get on the tenders, so I walked out my door and off the ship - I skipped the scanning.

In fact Rose, that makes a lot more sense for Noumea, as I was the first person off board, and I was waiting for ages to hear the call that we could start going

Archived