Island escape Nov 2009

Have booked to go on this ship in November but have read a lot of bad reviews, i have been on two other Thompson,s ships and had a brilliant time. Has anyone just come back off this ship and have something good to say about it as i am thinking off changing our itinerary.

Hi cg2456

I've not been on this ship yet either but we have booked to go on her July 2010. I must admit I have not seen, what I would class bad reviews. I've had a look on this and the Island forum and there are plenty of good reviews.

I suppose it depends on what you are expecting. We have been on 7 Thomson cruises, all the ships apart from the Celebration, and have had a brilliant time every time. We choose Thomson because we have the option not to get involved in all the dressing up and be more relaxed and casual, and I think this is what you can expect on the Island Escape. Maybe some people like all the dressing up and have been disappointed by the casual nature of the ship.

I'm really looking forward to going and have no worries at all. I've seen some really scathing reviews from people about the Thomson Destiny, but we've been on her 3 times and thinks she's great. I'll make up my own mind about the Island Escape once we've been on her, but holidays are what you make them.

It will be interesting to see some feedback from people who have travelled on her.

Janet:rolleyes:

I have been on the spirit and celebration and have loved them both had a brilliant time. Just i am taking my mother in-law on this cruise for her 70th and its her first cruise she does want a casual time of it but don't want to disappoint her. Just read some reviews on another site saying the condition of the cabins and overall of the ship isn't that good. I was just getting a bit worried as i said don't want to disappoint her.

hi we are going on the island escape in 2 weeks. like you i have been a bit concerned but i was at a barbeque on sat night and got talking to a friend who is going tomorrow and she has been on there four times now. they are in a party of 8 ranging from 13 to 70 and she said its brilliant. now i know that she has good taste but also likes to have a good time so stop worrying and look forward i will post when i get back after the 8th sept.

Thank you for your reply, i would appreciate your views on your cruise, if it was just me i wouldn't give it a thought but just want my mother in-law and daughter in-law who is also coming to enjoy their first cruise. Have a brilliant time.

My In-Laws have just returned off the Island Escape and their words are they are disgusted with the Ship. They said the rooms were shabby, borken toilet seat, curtain for the wardrobe and what looked like dirty sheets going on the bed when being changed.

They upgraded to AI and had to pay for their cans of coke in the bar and coffee.

They have sailed on all the other Thomson ships and think this is the worse one in the fleet. Sorry to those planning celebratary holidays, I know they would recommend anyone change if they were able to.

They feel so strongly about this that they have written a letter of complaint to Thomson. It was not worth the money they paid for the week.

Hope you have a better experience.

hi margaritabride.

changing is not an option for us as going in 12 days or so but remaining positive and crossing everything. did they ask to have their cabin moved and what deck were they on, we are on decks 7,8 or 9 inside cabin, dont know which one yet cos didnt think it worth it to prebook as not familier with the ship layout. didnt bother with the drinks package but paid a £35 supliment to go higher up. hope this was a one-off or the crew not coping with the influx of school holiday guests and they may have got their act together now-fingers crossed

Archived