Packing?

valleyduo

Plan on wearing things more than once....unless you spill alot, they will be fine for another wearing.

Plan on using the ship's laundry (unless it has a "self-laundry") and then do you own washing, if you need to!

Mix and match, if you can.

Good luck! I'm a notorious over-packer, myself!

pack for a week

rinse out items or use the ship's laundry plan or self laundry

colour co ordinate pieces to mix/match

I find I always take more than I need; just returned from almost 3 weeks away and found I was always tending to certain pieces to wear

for formal nights I took 1 dress, 1 dressy skirt and a top that I could accessorize. In reality, I don't think people really notice what you wear.

good luck packing (we use the bundle method, roll some items, and use plastic ziplock bags, depending on the item);)

These are new, in-expnsive flexible plastic zipper cubes. I plan for a 21 day trip to pack 5 days clothes in one cube. 5 days clothes in the second cube. wash twice in the self-serve laundry during trip. Mix and match shirts/tops for day. Black dress with lots of little silk "tops" that weight less than an ounce each over dress, white pants, black pants. 4 pair shoes. 2 nightgowns, 1 swimsuit, light jacket. make up, toliteries (watch these as they add weight fast. Trip last week to Fl. weighted 42 pounds. the trip yesterday weighted in at 30 pounds (2 days less than other). Polycarbonate 25 inch suitcase (8 pounds empty) spinner. Anymore weight and I have hard time getting it into trunks, up curbs/steps etc. Just do the lightweight thing -- you handle the trip so much easier if you can handle your own bag easily.

I'm hopeless - I just take a second case! However by way of a slight excuse all my long voyages have involved sailing to or from winter to summer, so I have to have a variety of clothes for all seasons. Then again the 4 or 5 gowns take up a fair bit of room, not to mention the shoes and bags that go with them... See told you i was a hopeless case!

Archived