cab fare for san diego

nicoleslp

Can anyone tell me how much a cab fare costs from cruise ship to airport?

cheap cheap cheap. It's maybe 3 miles, $10ish

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=san&daddr=32.717544,-117.173181&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=15&sll=32.726534,-117.185283&sspn=0.021878,0.045447&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15

Last cruise I was on, the staff were so embarassed that the cruise transfer was $40, and were telling people to take a skip on the cruise transfer, a cab would be much cheaper.

I was thinking of a flight that arrives in San Diego at 3:30 PM to go on a cruise that leaves at 5 PM, Is that time enough to board ship?

How is traffic? What is travel time on a Saturday like?

No cruise line regulations (because of the USA DHS) require you to BE ON BOARD 90 mins prior to sailing. Plus if your flight was at all late. Get an earlier flight..

I was thinking of a flight that arrives in San Diego at 3:30 PM to go on a cruise that leaves at 5 PM, Is that time enough to board ship?

No, that is not enough time. By the time you actually get off the plane and collect your luggage it is likely to be 4:00PM (if your flight is actually on time). You need to be on the ship no later than 3:30PM. Nowdays the rule is on the ship no later than 1.5 hours before departure.

Take an earlier flight, or plan to come in the day before.

What is the cheapest place to stay near the San Diego pier?

There are several motels on Pacific Coast Hwy (PCH) or nearby that are cheap, but of course you will get what you pay for. They are also nearly directly underneath the flight path of the airport.

This includes Motel 6 (2353 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA‎ - (619) 232-8931‎), Harbor View Hotel & Suites (550 W Grape St, San Diego, CA‎ - (619) 233-7799‎), Pacific Inn & Suites (1943 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA‎ - (619) 232-6391‎), Days Inn (1919 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA‎ - (619) 232-1077‎), Residence Inn (1747 Pacific Hwy, San Diego, CA 92101 (619) 338-8200), and the Travelodge (1305 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92101 (619) 233-0398). Be sure to consider the added costs of a cab from the airport and then to pier as I don't believe any of these offer a free shuttle.

You might consider La Pensione, which at least has some character and is in the heart of Little Italy.

Don't even try this, or you will be among the posters here on CC complaining that you missed your cruise!

We just stayed in San Diego last weekend and have another night planned pre-cruise in October. We Pricelined a room @$75 for a 4* and had the bid accepted at the Westgate both times. http://www.westgatehotel.com/

Loved it! If you use Priceline, only bid on rooms downtown, San Diego spreads out quite a bit. We're very happy to be staying again and will treat ourselves to Sunday Brunch there before boarding the cruise ship. Note, we are not the type who feels we miss anything by not boarding a ship early and we're not crazy for the first day buffet.

Cab fare shouldn't be much, it's only about a 5-10 minute ride from the airport. You could walk to the port if you don't have a lot of luggage, it's less than a mile away. Sidewalks weren't bad but not what I'd want to drag heavy suitcases across.

Many people stay at the Holiday Inn - On The Bay, it's right across the street from the terminal. There are dozens of choices in the area, from luxury all the way to flea bag.

• 3 weeks later...
estimated for 3.2 miles (I think it says airport to terminal is 3 miles) would be $14.05 including 15% tip. Check out taxifarefinder.com

I just checked the web site and the fare is $9.30 including a 15% tip.

Approximate Breakdown: Initial Fare$2.40Add. Metered Fare$5.69Tip (15%)$1.21Estimated Taxi Fare$9.30*Additional charges may apply.

• 2 weeks later...

Dumb question but are there cabs for hire right at the pier when you get off the boat? Or does it need to be arranged ahead of time? I've always had roundtrip shore transfers or I wasn't in charge of things so I never worried about it. But from what I've seen cab fare is cheaper than a transfer.

Dumb question but are there cabs for hire right at the pier when you get off the boat? Or does it need to be arranged ahead of time? I've always had roundtrip shore transfers or I wasn't in charge of things so I never worried about it. But from what I've seen cab fare is cheaper than a transfer.

There will be PLENTY of cabs at the pier when you disembark. No need to arrange ahead of time. No need to buy a transfer.

Archived