Coco Cay - Lunch?

mizteriuz

I wish I knew. We just got back from there and was planning on swimming at the beach, eating some lunch, doing some more swimming. However, we got in the water and it was nasty...full of some sort of weed (seaweed, kelp??) and tons of huge jellyfish and heard that someone had just got stung. So we abruptly got back out of the water and got back on the ship to swim in the pools because our kids were upset about not swimming.

I hope we were just there on a bad day. We were in Labadee once and loved it and the BBQ lunch that was provided.

• 1 month later...
I wish I knew. We just got back from there and was planning on swimming at the beach, eating some lunch, doing some more swimming. However, we got in the water and it was nasty...full of some sort of weed (seaweed, kelp??) and tons of huge jellyfish and heard that someone had just got stung. So we abruptly got back out of the water and got back on the ship to swim in the pools because our kids were upset about not swimming.

I hope we were just there on a bad day. We were in Labadee once and loved it and the BBQ lunch that was provided.

that's too bad --- maybe thee was a bad storm there. this is my favorite port! We snorkel etc....I've seen turtles, baracuda, many stingrays fish and yes even a few small jellyfish and was even stung before--- they are harmless, just a little itchiness later. You should go back! Also you could have tried the other side of the island or further down where it is quiet. beautiful!

Archived