Wine in stateroom

Flick

Can anyone tell me wether we can take a box of wine onboard for wine in our room before hitting the various bars?

Never taken boxed wine, so I can't answer that. You are allowed to take bottled wine onboard for consumption. No corkage fee if you drink in the room, but most dining rooms charge a fee if you take to the MDR.

We took two bottles of wine in a small cooler and three in our checked luggage with no trouble. We asked our room steward to keep our cooler stocked with ice which he did without a reminder and we tipped him $20 at the end of our cruise.

Jennifer

Thanx for the replies. This is our third Carnival cruise but never dealt with the wine question before. We have never had a problem bringing a box in our carry on luggage before but DW was nervase about doing it this time.

We have taken boxes of wine (5 liters) in our checked luggage several times and never had a problem.

Luckily we have had a refigerator in our last few cabins so not a problem keeping it somewhat chilled as the carnival fridges do not do a great job of keeping stuff cold.

You can take one 750ml bottle on per person.

However, you would probably get away with smuggling on a box in your checked luggage.

This is incorrect. Carnival allows one bottle of wine per person to be brought onboard at embarkation. We bring two 1..5 ltr nottles onboard with us and have never been questioned about the wine.:D

We brought two boxes but left one of them in the room when we disembarked. We took the wine out of the box and placed it in a 2-1/2 gallon size ziploc bag..no problem. We also took some bottles of wine with us as well and poured what we wanted and took it to dinner with us.

Can anyone tell me wether we can take a box of wine onboard for wine in our room before hitting the various bars?

The wife and I take a box of wine (3 liters) on every cruise we go on and have never been questioned. We have sailed various lines over many years.

We put it away in one of the cabinets but do not attempt to hide it.

Archived