Recommendations on independent tours in Nha Trang, Taipei, Hong Kong, Singapore

cruisecruzer

Will be on the princess arriving in November and want to do my own excursion. We have a party of 8 and am looking for recommendations on private/reputable tour companies for

Hong Kong

Nha Trang

Singapore

Bangkok

Okinawa

Ho Chi Minh

Taipei

Thank you

Will be on the princess arriving in November and want to do my own excursion. We have a party of 8 and am looking for recommendations on private/reputable tour companies for

Hong Kong

Nha Trang

Singapore

Bangkok

Okinawa

Ho Chi Minh

Taipei

Thank you

Bangkok: info@salathaitravel.com Ratana

Singapore: emmy.tan@luxury.com.sg Emmy

Saigon: thi_travel@yahoo.com Thi Hoang

Nha Trang: nhatrangrivertour@yahoo.com Pham Tan

Dung

Hong Kong: polly@asiatravel.com Polly

Taipei: service@havefuntravel.tw Agustus Chen

Okinawa: yukari.marsh@nifty.com Yukari Marsh

If you need more info, just let me know

Hong Kong

Nha Trang

Singapore

Bangkok

Okinawa

Ho Chi Minh

Taipei

Thank you

In Bangkok we used Shirley from Perfect Tours. She spoke reasonable english and fluent in mandarin, highly recommended.

If you fluent in mandarin I had great experience with another guide/tour we used for 4 days in Taiwan.

You could see what Ritz tours offers in these cites for "day tours" they speciallize in far east and we and several of our good friends have used them multiple times and were always very good.

Looks like a nice set of ports.

In Bangkok we used Shirley from Perfect Tours. She spoke reasonable english and fluent in mandarin, highly recommended.

If you fluent in mandarin I had great experience with another guide/tour we used for 4 days in Taiwan.

You could see what Ritz tours offers in these cites for "day tours" they speciallize in far east and we and several of our good friends have used them multiple times and were always very good.

Looks like a nice set of ports.

Thanks for the info. Yes looking forward to these ports.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Am thinking of booking with havefuntravel, its been recommended a few times, i am just a bit unsure of giving my visa card details, and a photocopy of the back and front to them.

Have you used them?? I know its probably ok, I`m just a bit bothered. what did you do??

sue

Hi

Am thinking of booking with havefuntravel, its been recommended a few times, i am just a bit unsure of giving my visa card details, and a photocopy of the back and front to them.

Have you used them?? I know its probably ok, I`m just a bit bothered. what did you do??

sue

Look above and see the private guides I have used in the past and using on the Ocean this December. None of them have asked for any kind of copy of front and back.

Just the numbers on the front. I would be weary of them. If you need more info, contact me at: alanmal@aol.com

Look above and see the private guides I have used in the past and using on the Ocean this December. None of them have asked for any kind of copy of front and back.

Just the numbers on the front. I would be weary of them. If you need more info, contact me at: alanmal@aol.com

Common practice in a lot of Asia to ask for a copy of front and back of credit card. A lot of Asian banks generally will NOT accept credit cards over the phone (or via email, but that is a VERY bad practice) without actually seeing the card or running the card through the card reader. When the customer is miles away, either practice cannot be accomplished.

Often, credit card invoices are turned down without PROOF that the person billing the charge is REALLY the person that owns the card. I have frequently been asked for front and back of credit card and often, a faxed authorization form with my signature. Some of the BIG hotel booking agencies (AsiaRooms.com is one I can think of) always asks for copies of the credit card PLUS authorization form faxed. Asian airlines and Middle Eastern Airlines also sometimes ask for fax copies of CC if you book out of the USA. Etihad Airline just asked for a copy of my credit card before they would book a few short hops throughout the Middle East and Asia for an upcoming business trip.

Just watch your online account info. And NOTIFY your bank BEFORE you bill something overseas.

Never heard of Havefuntravel. MAKE SURE you check them out thoroughly and that they are highly recommended. There are a lot of scams in Asia and quite a few very poor tour operators.

Hi

sue

Found this company on the net: http://www.havefuntravel.tw/

But it looks like they only do China. Not to disagree with greatam, I have booked 8 private tours in Asia for my upcoming, Dec 2nd on the Ocean and just gave them my credit card number and 3 digit check number, nobody asked for a copy of passports or credit card front or back. Samething last February in SA, and any of the past 75 cruises since 1976 or any of the land tours, too many to count. I would never send copies of credit cards or passports, doing so would be like giving the info to all those Nigerian letters, ask for.

Just me 3 cents worth.

Found this company on the net: http://www.havefuntravel.tw/

But it looks like they only do China. Not to disagree with greatam, I have booked 8 private tours in Asia for my upcoming, Dec 2nd on the Ocean and just gave them my credit card number and 3 digit check number, nobody asked for a copy of passports or credit card front or back. Samething last February in SA, and any of the past 75 cruises since 1976 or any of the land tours, too many to count. I would never send copies of credit cards or passports, doing so would be like giving the info to all those Nigerian letters, ask for.

Just me 3 cents worth.

AL, didn't Smile Tours ask for your birthdate and passport number? In order to pick you up in the ports they need to purchase a permit. Granted, this is not a copy, but they needed the info.

AL, didn't Smile Tours ask for your birthdate and passport number? In order to pick you up in the ports they need to purchase a permit. Granted, this is not a copy, but they needed the info.

Not that I can recall, I think they have grown, so they now have a yearly permit.

Thanks to alanmal and Greatam for your info, was still unsure, so have now got myself another visa card(with a limit) just for the trips, feel happier now if the worse did happen would only lose up to my limit.

Thanks for your help, this is what I like about this website!

Rega:prds

Sue

My husband and I will be on board the Ocean with you. We are a well cruised couple who normally just hire a taxi or use public transport to tour. It sounds fun to join with other like minded people. Do you have space on any of your tours available? Will look forward to meeting you with my beads on after life boat drill.

My husband and I will be on board the Ocean with you. We are a well cruised couple who normally just hire a taxi or use public transport to tour. It sounds fun to join with other like minded people. Do you have space on any of your tours available? Will look forward to meeting you with my beads on after life boat drill.[/quote

If this post if for "alanmal", then go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=978918 for the Ocean Dec 2 sailing.

Read thru the whole 5 page posting there are others on our cruise who are still looking for people to share rides into town or do shore excursions. Our group (4 couples)has been filled up for all ports since August.

Archived