Island escape-any good reports??????

please someone say something good about the escape, was so looking forward to my cruise, our last holiday before our very first grandchild is born in november and we just need to be able to look forward to it. i know peoples views and aspirations are all different, people have moaned sometimes about the spirit, yes she does vibrate a bit, yes you do get used to it but the staff are so fab you ignore the smaller negatives so has anybody out there had a good time on the island escape- please before i hit the rum and coke- boo hoo

I have cruised on Island escape and Island Star and on Royal Caribbean and in November cruising on the Celebration (due to the itinerary). I went with my 3 children (2 were teenagers) and my parents also joined us at the last minute. My mum being on board should strike terror into any TA who sold her the cruise. She has traveled a lot and does not like wasting my inheritance, I mean her money!

Our cabins on different floors were fine. both were outside cabins. My parents had a double bed and this is not always possible. The shows we thought were worth watching. The waiting staff efficient. The pool area good but as usual you did have to be up by good time for a bed. The drinks were well priced and comparative in price but more alcohol in the cocktails than UK. And the food was really good, we ate in the restaurant each night. This is the only problem my mum found. She likes her food to so hot, not normal hot but piping hot. The staff after the first night would take her plate and nuke it! no problem!

There was a roast meat every night and lovely deserts. The only thing that I would have really liked was to chose from a menu and be waited on, but that is my personal choice, and I could have done this in the specialty restaurant but I would have to sit there by myself because the rest of family thought everything was fine.

Do you need any more positives? We could be highly critical but that is what it would be but then that could ruin the memories of a really enjoyable cruise.

Also check out www.holidaywatchdog.com for more reveiws.

Have a good time.

We have been told not to exspect too much, people do say its abit run down but there are also pluses regarding the staff who are great the food great and the atmoshpere fab. It is a budget cruise so dont exspect the cunard just relax and enjoy things as they come;)

Archived