I'm so excited...

... and I just can't hide it. lalalala

Because I just booked my first RCCL cruise! My vacation request at work got finally approved, so I immediately booked our vacation!

OK, so now that I know I'll be on a RCCL ship, some more questions:

When you're in an oceanview stateroom, there are no robes, right?

Do they provide beach towels?

When you do MTD, do you have to make reservations for every night or can you just show up?

Do the prepaid gratuities cover everyone or only dining room staff?

Only 44 days before debarkation, 43 days before leaving home! Can't wait! :D

... and I just can't hide it. lalalala

Because I just booked my first RCCL cruise! My vacation request at work got finally approved, so I immediately booked our vacation!

OK, so now that I know I'll be on a RCCL ship, some more questions:

When you're in an oceanview stateroom, there are no robes, right?

Do they provide beach towels?

When you do MTD, do you have to make reservations for every night or can you just show up?

Do the prepaid gratuities cover everyone or only dining room staff?

Only 44 days before debarkation, 43 days before leaving home! Can't wait! :D

Congrats on your first RCCL cruise! You will love it!

To answer your questions: No robes in Oceanview rooms.

Yes, beach towels are provided, and you get new clean ones every day.

You will tell the waiter every night what time you would like to dine the next night, although some people say you can just show up.

Prepaid gratuities cover everyone.

Congrats!

Robes aren't generally provided in oceanview cabins, but you can check with your cabin steward and they can sometimes find you extras if there are any available. Pool towels can be checked out at the pool deck- they'll swipe your card and charge you if you fail to return the towel before the end of the cruise.

I've never done it, but from what I hear here, MTD policies vary by ship- some want a standing reservation, some let you just show up. Your pre-paid gratuities will cover your dining room servers and your room steward, but not your bar tips or if you decide to order room service.

Have a great trip!

Thank you :)

It's not my first cruise, we did a Carnival one in 2007 and have been on Celebrity in April. The way we switch cruise lines, we'll never reach diamond or elite or whatever on any, haha! :)

I'm glad there will be beach towels. We'll fly into Venice using Ryanair (not too excited about that but the price for the two of us on Ryanair was cheaper than one person on whatever else, so... ) and we can only take 15 kg of luggage => will have to cut down on what we bring!

What about toiletries in the bathroom? Do they provide soap/ shampoo/...? Are they "good quality" or basic detergent in a nicer bottle? :rolleyes:

It's not my first cruise, we did a Carnival one in 2007 and have been on Celebrity in April. The way we switch cruise lines, we'll never reach diamond or elite or whatever on any, haha! :)

I'm glad there will be beach towels. We'll fly into Venice using Ryanair (not too excited about that but the price for the two of us on Ryanair was cheaper than one person on whatever else, so... ) and we can only take 15 kg of luggage => will have to cut down on what we bring!

What about toiletries in the bathroom? Do they provide soap/ shampoo/...? Are they "good quality" or basic detergent in a nicer bottle? :rolleyes:

Only a dispenser in the shower and a small bar of soap, cheap stuff, better off taking your own.

If you call Ryan air, you can pay for extra luggage allowance, its a bit cheaper than doing it on the day if you are over.

Only a dispenser in the shower and a small bar of soap, cheap stuff, better off taking your own.

If you call Ryan air, you can pay for extra luggage allowance, its a bit cheaper than doing it on the day if you are over.

Really? Maybe I should pack a few days earlier and see if I need extra luggage allowance... Usually, I start packing right before I leave :D

But no, I'll try to keep myself to the 15kg. Last year, I went a week to Marrakesh with only 13 kg and took way too much. I WILL succeed to travel for a week with a maximum of 15 kg!

(watch me in about 40 days when I eat my words :rolleyes: )

Really? Maybe I should pack a few days earlier and see if I need extra luggage allowance... Usually, I start packing right before I leave :D

But no, I'll try to keep myself to the 15kg. Last year, I went a week to Marrakesh with only 13 kg and took way too much. I WILL succeed to travel for a week with a maximum of 15 kg!

(watch me in about 40 days when I eat my words :rolleyes: )

:D I wish I could travel that light, LOL!! I had almost 30kg in total and had to pay quite a bit more money. But I need my things!!:o

:D I wish I could travel that light, LOL!! I had almost 30kg in total and had to pay quite a bit more money. But I need my things!!:o

I also lik emy things, but at the same time, I am cheap and I hate to pay extras that are not really necessary ;)

What I meant to say is your 1st cruise with RCCL..... (sorry)

We too have been trying out other cruise lines. Seeing what each of them have to offer not just price wise .... but on board the ship also.

Have a wonderful cruise.

OceanDreams

Sandra! How exciting! Now you get to count down with the rest of us :D

We're trying MTD ourselves for the first time, in 4 weeks and I'm wondering the same thing about making reservations. From what I have read, you can just show up and maybe wait a few minutes.

Take your shampoo - the stuff in the cabins is like dish detergent.

I know you'll have a wonderful time.

Janine

Even if you are platinum or above? Just curious as I am newly platinum :D and never heard that before.

Platinum will get robes in any type of stateroom. Just got off Freedom recently and had inside room and robes. I really enjoyed them!

Sandra! How exciting! Now you get to count down with the rest of us :D

We're trying MTD ourselves for the first time, in 4 weeks and I'm wondering the same thing about making reservations. From what I have read, you can just show up and maybe wait a few minutes.

Take your shampoo - the stuff in the cabins is like dish detergent.

I know you'll have a wonderful time.

Janine

I know, counting down is so exciting! Too bad it isn't the same countdown as you have :(

But, I started a roll call and the people seem nice too!

I really hate the dish detergent toiletries they give. Give something decent or don't give anything at all :rolleyes:

You need to swipe out for pool towels? I'm surprised - Celebrity just has them out and you take as you need..

That's been my experience on Royal Caribbean as well. Could be that there was an issue on a particular cruise or ship ... or maybe they've changed the rules in the last 6 weeks?

That's been my experience on Royal Caribbean as well. Could be that there was an issue on a particular cruise or ship ... or maybe they've changed the rules in the last 6 weeks?

I hope it's only that ship; I may not be a pool chair or windjammer table hog but I do like 3 towels - one rolled for under the neck (perfect for snoozing and reading); one for my legs and one for my arms (I'm 5'11 so one isn't long enough!)

Archived