Pre-booked Excursions If Itinerary Changes

megmno

I was just wondering what happens if you have pre-booked excursions and then the ship's itinerary is changed (i.e. if there is a hurricane etc.)

I would assume that if the excursion is booked through Carnival that the company makes good with either a re-scheduled excursion or a refund. What if you book excursions independently? Would you get a refund from the excursion operator or are you just out of luck?

We had such a good time on our first cruise (to Alaska) that we're looking into booking a Carribean cruise for August 2010.

Carnival will give you an onboard credit if you book your excursion through them. Independent tours - you will need to check with them. We had looked at Dolphin Discovery (across from the turtle farm) in Grand Cayman. Their policy is that if you miss port you get a voucher good for 1 year at any of their facilities. So, we booked through Carnival, which cost us about $20 more, but the peace of mind was worth it.

My experience with Carnival excursions is that they will automatically refund to your s&s account. Private excursions - that varies, depending who you booked with. I always ask about the refund policy before I book an independant excursion - cruising in Aug/Sept. you never know where you will wind up! This time I'm waiting until we get there (except for reserving Fins and Flippers, where no money is exchanged until we arrive).

On our Carnival Glory cruise we had a clear kayak excursion booked for Nassau. A couple of days before we got to that port, we received a letter in our stateroom saying that excursion had been cancelled and we would get a refund on our statement. They didn't say why it was cancelled so we did ask, and they said the boats to get us to the place to kayak didn't pass inspection so they (cruiseline) cancelled it. I did appreciate they were looking out for our safety.

If the same excursions are available for the ports on the revised dates, Carnival will just reschedule the excursion on the new date for you, if not they will refund it to your Sail & Sign card.

They did this for one of our cruises to Mexico where because of too many ships planed for that port that day they were asked to change dates for that ship, so they flip-flopped two of the ports ......... no problem got new excursion tickets with the new dates and times.

Archived