MAUI Driving Maps

West Maui

In response to Flashdog's request (see Hana Excursion thread), as much as I'd love to take credit for providing tips, we'd need to include Beachchick, TrentS, Flashdog, Kapoho2, Sparechange, Roy from Oahu and soooooo many more folks (sorry in advance to those I forgot....)! Do you think we could get NCL to comp all of us:D?

Since I don't drive the RTH every day (like the guides do), it is hard to say what are "musts" and "maybes". The halfway point I used for my guests was Keanae. Both the peninsula and the Arboretum are beautiful, in radically different ways. But things change enough that posting photos of waterfalls might mislead visitors, which I don't want to do. When I have a chance, I'll see if I can dig up some of my other scenic pics, like Keanae, Haleakala, Kilauea, etc. No promises on when though;).

I'm inserting a link here, for everyone. Nope, can't take credit for the maps either! These are the maps which I always found the most helpful to my guests, because they contain a lot of information and also put the island more to scale. The maps on the web site are dated 2007, so there have been minor changes, but these may help all of you in planning driving and excursions all over Maui. The maps will be readily available at the Kahului Airport, most freestanding literature stands (like at shopping centers), and many hotels. They have much less advertising than others, and are kept up to date.

The CD audio tour these folks also produce is very, very well done. There are ads for it on the web site. The weblink is:

http://www.mauidrivingmaps.com/

Hope these maps help-ask away..........:)

Archived