Spirit Class 8E went up $30pp today

jones391

We booked the Spirit, 3-27-10, Class 8E and it went up from $884pp to $914pp today. What gives? I thought it would go down not up. Luckily we booked it with the ES.

from what I gather on these boards...the spirit is a very popular ship...it seems to be selling well....my cruise next aug went up $100 pp...that makes me happy for 2 reasons...1. I booked early saver, and 2. I like the thought of being booked on a ship that most people are happy with

I hope you didnt book with the assumption the price would go down. Most of my prices only go up. Im still waiting to submit my first ES price drop. You maybe see so many on here who got a price drop you assume prices usually go down?

very true.....so far, every cruise Ive booked under early saver has been a great price anyhow...I really dont care if it goes down. though im not refusing any bones they throw me...I think they pretty much know, anything they give me is going right back to them anyhow in the form of my bar tab

Iv never had enough extra OBC that it was a problem spending it. So far my record was $250 on RCL. lol Just enough to split between tee shirts, liquor and my sister likes jewelry. Im waiting impatiently to have so much OBC that we have trouble spending it.

I did actually have one $10 pp price drop on Carnival, but I went up a category so now I owe them $10 more pp, so I didnt get to submit a price drop yet. ... but I cant claim I havent had any price drops ... I had that one.

You might just be too far out before your cruise for there to be any price drops.

I didn't see any price drops until yesterday for our 9/20 Pride cruise out of Baltimore, and since we were in an obstructed balcony and they were all sold, there wasn't an ES rate for our category - so we upgraded to a category 11 under the past guest rate. :D (And yes, they waived the $50/per person change fee because we were upgrading.)

I hope you didnt book with the assumption the price would go down. Most of my prices only go up. Im still waiting to submit my first ES price drop. You maybe see so many on here who got a price drop you assume prices usually go down?

Yup. My Freedom cruise is selling so well it's already gone up by almost $200pp since I booked. Kinda sucks cause I want it to go down, but I'm just glad I booked when I did! :)

The prices for our Spirit cruise in 8/2010 have gone up $80 since we booked our ES fare. I'm hopeful that the categories that have many more cabins listed than others might get a price drop. That is probably is very wishful thinking, because the Spirit has so many fans.

Our Liberty cruise for next June also just went up $30 pp. I also noticed that there are far less cabins to choose from in our category. All mid-ship Empress cabins are sold out and you can only choose cabins in the FAR front of the ship on the Verandah deck for the same price.

I guess news of the recession hasn't hit Carnival cruisers yet!

We booked the Spirit, 3-27-10, Class 8E and it went up from $884pp to $914pp today. What gives? I thought it would go down not up. Luckily we booked it with the ES.

That is a holiday week here in NY so that might have something to do with the price increase.

Archived