9/27 Wonder - Overnight sell-out except balconies?

PAGA

We booked a Cat 12-GTY for the 9/27 sailing on Wonder and have been excited about the potential for an upgrade since as of yesterday we had not been assigned a cabin number and all cabin categories were still showing availability except for suites.

Today when I checked, our cabin has been assigned (cat 12) and in addition to the suites all inside and outside cabins are sold out...All balcony cabin categories still show availability.

I am perfectly fine with my cat 12 (we paid a ridiculously low price for a Disney cruise), but I'm curious as to how the ship filled up overnight!

I know it's just speculation, but here are a few thougts...maybe a TA bought up the remaining cabins? Or maybe on the day they assign cabins to GTY passengers the system shows a sellout until everything is sorted out? Or maybe they booked so many Cat 12 GTYs that when they finally assigned cabins all the inside and outside cabins were taken?

Finally...has anyone ever received an upgrade after being assinged a cabin number, or do the upgrades from a cat 12 GTY usually happen at the time the cabin number is assigned? I just want to know if I should keep neurotically checking back every day to see if our cabin number has changed...and I want to make sure that when I print our bording docs they have the correct cabin number on them.

After 18 RCCL cruises I've learned to understand their system/idiosyncracies pretty well, but this is our first Disney cruise and this sudden fill-up of the ship has me curious!

Thanks to all who wish to join me in my speculations or comment on the potential for future upgrades after a cabin has been assigned.

Hmmm...just went to look at a diagram of the ship and although my reservation still says Cat 12 on Deck 2 the actually stateroom assignment is oceanview...so we actually were upgraded from the standard inside cabin!

Still curious about the suddent sell-out if anyone has thoughts...

When a cruise gets really close they offer many rooms at Florida resident rates for those residents. They will reserve a certain amount of rooms in the leftover categories for them.

Plus TA's are always looking to snag up a few last minute rooms.

One time we did receive an upgrade after we had been assinged our room.

They actually called us 3 days before our cruise and upgraded us from an inside room to a cat 5 room. Maybe it was a 6? It had a balcony with the clear plexi glass for a great view and had an extra hide away bed by the door to the balcony that came out of the wall. So the room was a bit larger to accomodate that. It was great.

They called so we wouldn't use our luggage tags they had sent us, instead we had to tell the porters who took our luggage the new number and they wrote it on a generic tag so our luggage would be delivered correctly.

But i have never heard of that happening to anyone else.

So who knows why, it just happens sometimes.

I just checked the DCL site and your cats are back up for your end of Sept 4 night.. Cat 11 thur cat 4...

Must have been a inventory change over.... Happens sometimes.

I'm going on the 4 night on Sept 6th and I just checked online and there are cat 12 to cat 4 available for booking.

I booked a cat 11 and I am still in a cat 11. Can't wait to leave.

We booked a Cat 12-GTY for the 9/27 sailing on Wonder and have been excited about the potential for an upgrade since as of yesterday we had not been assigned a cabin number and all cabin categories were still showing availability except for suites.

Today when I checked, our cabin has been assigned (cat 12) and in addition to the suites all inside and outside cabins are sold out...All balcony cabin categories still show availability.

I am perfectly fine with my cat 12 (we paid a ridiculously low price for a Disney cruise), but I'm curious as to how the ship filled up overnight!

I know it's just speculation, but here are a few thougts...maybe a TA bought up the remaining cabins? Or maybe on the day they assign cabins to GTY passengers the system shows a sellout until everything is sorted out? Or maybe they booked so many Cat 12 GTYs that when they finally assigned cabins all the inside and outside cabins were taken?

Finally...has anyone ever received an upgrade after being assinged a cabin number, or do the upgrades from a cat 12 GTY usually happen at the time the cabin number is assigned? I just want to know if I should keep neurotically checking back every day to see if our cabin number has changed...and I want to make sure that when I print our bording docs they have the correct cabin number on them.

After 18 RCCL cruises I've learned to understand their system/idiosyncracies pretty well, but this is our first Disney cruise and this sudden fill-up of the ship has me curious!

Thanks to all who wish to join me in my speculations or comment on the potential for future upgrades after a cabin has been assigned.

We were in the same situation for a cruise last year in the beginning of September. Same thing happened with the cabins dissapearing.

We were told that they offered the unsold cabins to people that work for Disney at a very low price.

Bill

Archived