"No Bar Bill" cruise on the Liberty, is it worth it?

Jeafl

I just came across this cruise for next September, and I was trying to figure out if it would be worth it. It seems expensive to me for that time of year. You would have to drink a LOT of liquor to make up for the higher price. Inside cabins from $998 on Sept. 25.

Ok, it won't let me post the website, but it is a reputable one. No getting around the filter I guess.

From the website:

"This is an all inclusive cruise exclusive to our agency by Carnival. This special has NONrefundable deposits in conjunction with Carnival's new Early Saver Fare. Price includes: All taxes, Cruise Tips, all alcoholic drinks, energy driks, soft drinks, bottled water, Drink Tips for an inside cabin. All prices are subject to availability. Not Combineable with other specials. Balconies and oceanview cabins available. No Limit on the open bar! Deposits are $250 per person and balances are due by July 1 2010."

I guess since it includes all the soft drinks, energy drinks and bottled water in addition to the alcohol it might be worth it.

(I hope it is ok that I posted that quote...)

A bloody mary after breakfast, a couple of beers in the afternoon, a drink or two before dinner, a glass of wine with dinner, a couple of drinks in the theater - that should about make up for the $40. I think the average cruiser could do that - you don't have to be a "big drinker".

j

A bloody mary after breakfast, a couple of beers in the afternoon, a drink or two before dinner, a glass of wine with dinner, a couple of drinks in the theater - that should about make up for the $40. I think the average cruiser could do that - you don't have to be a "big drinker".

j

Could I drink all that sure but why would I want to?

j

im pretty sure op is talking about something different...I have seen cruises offered where the alcohol is included...not just a purchase of a bar card for your group.....

we went on a 6 night cruise on the liberty, going to ocho rios, grand cayman, key west plus 2 days at sea . this was 2 yrs ago & it was 6 something a person , but it didn't include nothing special.

here are the prices before the bar inside window balcony

Fun Select Choose your stateroom number (exact location). $429* $529* $659*

Fun Saver5 You pick stateroom type and we pick your location. $369* $449* $559

Early Saver6 Book early for big savings and low price protection. $329* $409* $519

i hope that helps ya

j

8-10 drinks a day is a pretty big drinker

So basically theyt're charging over $650 pp for the open bar. My most expensive tab onboard was $1200 for 2 people on a 7-day, that's $600 pp. That included the tips and some spa stuff, so IMHO it's not worth it for me.

So is that $998 per person? Or the total price for two people in an inside?

If it's pp.....not worth it.

Right now you can get an inside on the same ship, same date, for a total of $823.26 (ES) including taxes and fees for two.

Looks like the price is doubled for the "open bar" thing.

I like to remember something of the cruise, so I wouldn't drink that much.

Looking at the website, it is a group cruise, so yes, there is a bar card (similar to your sail and sign).

There are limitations on what you can order, despite the headline, and room service drinks aren't included. Limited wines with dinner usually are included.

If you get too obnoxious or inebriated, Carnival will cut you off. If you screw up and hand the server your regular sail and sign card, they will charge your account, so don't mix them up. There won't be an adjustment later.

I think the price I have seen on those amount to $55/day per person charge. Everyone in the group has to pay whether they use it or not. Any minors are required to get soda cards.

It can be a deal for heavy drinkers (like a SWAT team) and Carnival makes up the difference (and maybe then some) on the lightweights.

Would be interested to know the ship and itin.. this sounds like fun:D

I just checked. The official Fun Select rate for the cruise (9/25/2010) is $492 ($429 + $63 taxes). So I think they made a typo in their listing.

The same agency sponsoring the group has several others listed. And they are in fact tacking on exactly $40 per person per day extra (as LHP said). But for this cruise I think they copied & pasted the description but forgot to change the price. It should be 492 + 280 = $772.

I just checked. The official Fun Select rate for the cruise (9/25/2010) is $492 ($429 + $63 taxes). So I think they made a typo in their listing.

The same agency sponsoring the group has several others listed. And they are in fact tacking on exactly $40 per person per day extra (as LHP said). But for this cruise I think they copied & pasted the description but forgot to change the price. It should be 492 + 280 = $772.

Thanks I couldnt find the listing for this cruise.. but I have always want to try one to see what the difference would be in the SS bill:p

Archived