"No Bar Bill" cruise on the Liberty, is it worth it?

Jeafl

7 night western caribbean going to Cozumel, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman

Normally early saver rate for that inside is 359. + 63. , do you really drink that much to cost 500.+

70. dollars a day and everyday for drinks.

Looking at the website, it is a group cruise, so yes, there is a bar card (similar to your sail and sign).

There are limitations on what you can order, despite the headline, and room service drinks aren't included. Limited wines with dinner usually are included.

/QUOTE]

Where did you find this? I read the listing again and I still don't see where it says there are limitations on what you can order.

Where did you find this? I read the listing again and I still don't see where it says there are limitations on what you can order.

The $55/day figure was from a 5 day cruise in 2011 so maybe the prices are going up or maybe it costs more or a shorter cruise or maybe the number of cabins reserved is different...

Maybe I was looking at a different website.

Is it this one?

The Booze Cruise

All inclusive cruise with full open bar

7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise - September 25 2010

Sailing Roundtrip Miami Florida

Ports of Call: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica

Schultzy is (correctly) referencing the standard Carnival policy on their open bar card. The agency sponsoring the group cruise may not have listed the fine print details, but there are some. The main one is that I don't believe it covers top shelf drinks. So if you stick to Beer, DoD's and Well Drinks (ie Gin & Tonic instead of Bombay & Tonic), then it's covered. Plus I believe you can voluntarily pay the difference if you want something special.

A bloody mary after breakfast, a couple of beers in the afternoon, a drink or two before dinner, a glass of wine with dinner, a couple of drinks in the theater - that should about make up for the $40. I think the average cruiser could do that - you don't have to be a "big drinker".

j

Have to agree this is a pretty big drinker. I have been to All Inclusives and come nowhere near this even when I try, in this case it is probably worth it.

You also want to understand the cancellation policy and what costs could be encountered there. The bar bill is usually paid before final payment.

I think you might be able to get at least some top shelf stuff - I think the drink has to be $7.00 or maybe $7.50 or less. You would not be able to get JW Blue or something like that.

I don't think there is a discount if you want to order something not covered, but then, I think sometimes the bartender might go ahead and not charge you (think extra tipping, even though the tip is included).

There are some petty rules, too. You can order shots, but only one at a time. Small bottles of water are included but not the large, and they open them for you and at least a few more rules.

If you do violate the rules, (like "buying" drinks for others) Carnival has the right to cancel your card with no refund.

Archived