Crown Princess Room B210& 214

snowbegone

We are looking at cost saving and are wondering about these rooms (BF category). Any down side to choosing these rooms - being so close to the front would the balcony view still be good, noise factor, or ship motion. Hard enough to convince DHs to get a balcony is it really worth the extra cost for the next level (BE) room.

Are you open to receiving an upgrade? If you book those rooms, and do not mark your booking NO UPGRADE, more than likely you will find yourself in a BC or BD or BE cabin. It depends, of course on when the cruise is, and how well it is selling, but those 8 BF and BG cabins get sold over and over and over. Somebody eventually gets assigned there, but it is often late bookings after final payment.

If you are looking for a specific cabin booking, then I would pick something more midships and mark it no upgrade. If you are willing to take a chance, then book BG gty and see what you get, especially if you are many months out from your cruise. (I cannot see your ticker- IE8)

Thanks for your reply. I would be very open to gty but we are going with another couple and want our balconies beside each other. We think we may spend the little extra and take a BE room and just keep it. B251 and B255 are available. How do you find out if there is a bunk bed in the room - I wouldn't want that. Thanks for your help. Our cruise is March 13th on the Crown.

There are no actual queen beds in any of the rooms. The two twin beds get moved together to make a 'queen' bed in most configurations. If a room can hold more than two people, they have upper beds (in addition to the two lowers) and they are marked as such on the deck plans. B251 and 255 are both just double occupancy rooms, so only have the two twins that can be put together in a queen configuration. The balcony room uppers fold completely into the ceiling, so if you had that type of room but only used the two lowers, you would never even see or know there were upper bunks hiding up there.

Archived