Parking at NYC been changed

e150club

The parking at NYC pier has been changed. If you are parking go up to parking w/ your luggage. For drop off If you have an suv or van they send you to level one, cars to level two. What was the exit to park is now the entrance so you have to go around on 12th ave. that took me about 20 min. tell the parking attendant you are parking at the pier. [Dear host I would have posted this on the EC departures board but pax may not check over there thinking its the same as last year]

Yeah - We learned the hard way.:o It wasn't the end of the world, but it did take a little while to get turned around on 12th Avenue to go up the parking ramp. However, the security guard with the dog appreciated our unloading luggage first - it made the search of the car that much easier.

The parking at NYC pier has been changed. If you are parking go up to parking w/ your luggage. For drop off If you have an suv or van they send you to level one, cars to level two. What was the exit to park is now the entrance so you have to go around on 12th ave. that took me about 20 min. tell the parking attendant you are parking at the pier. [Dear host I would have posted this on the EC departures board but pax may not check over there thinking its the same as last year]

So if you are parking how is your luggage handled?

Bulldog

So if you are parking how is your luggage handled?

Bulldog

You have two choices. Drive through twice; once for drop off, and once to park, or go directly to park, and bring your luggage down the elevator, and out to the porters.

The ship left on pier 90 and returned on pier 88. We had already dropped luggage off on level one. when I turned around and went to pay for parking they gave me a sheet of paper stating the we would return on 88 so I parked on 88 that made debarking less of a walk to get luggage to the van. I also saw porters on the parking level three.

The elevators are in the front of the pier on all three levels. If you are dropping them off in a car you won't need the elev. [level two] In a van or suv level one [elev] parking at pier level three elev. to level two with luggage. If they have a wheelchair or scooter it won't make a diff. the long walk is inside the term. on level two.

The ship left on pier 90 and returned on pier 88. We had already dropped luggage off on level one. when I turned around and went to pay for parking they gave me a sheet of paper stating the we would return on 88 so I parked on 88 that made debarking less of a walk to get luggage to the van. I also saw porters on the parking level three.

Is this a common thing that the Miracle comes and gos to different piers??

Drove & parked twice for the Noordam in Manhattan and was quick & easy.. I see parking prices have increased.. May look into the price difference of hiring a car service..

Bulldog

• 7 months later...

My family and I are scheduled to leave out of NYC on the Miracle on 07-26-10. We're driving to the pier in our personal car and parking for the duration of the cruise. Looking at the piers on GOOGLE EARTH, I'm confused about how you enter into the garage designated for your ship. I see the ramp at the intersection of 54th and 12th. Do you go up this ramp and take an immediate right into the partial loop or do you drive under the ramp to an entrance not visible from this sat. picture?

Archived