Timing for Ultimate Balcony Breakfast or Dinner

canadiansnowbird

Hi All:

Some input from those that have sailed in the Alaskan waters.

We are sailing Seattle to Seattle next July... It is our big 50 Anniversary and I would like to plan either a Ultimate breakfast or Ultimate dinner on the balcony.

We would be at sea, sailing from Ketchikan, Alaska to Victoria, BC on the morning of July 30th - would it be too cold for eating outdoors??? Would the seas be rough on that particular area?

If I opted for the dinner, we dock at 7PM in Victoria, BC, and we sail again at midnight for Seattle. When would be a good time? It wouldn't give us too much time to go ashore.

We have a completely covered balcony.

Snowbird

Hi All:

Some input from those that have sailed in the Alaskan waters.

We are sailing Seattle to Seattle next July... It is our big 50 Anniversary and I would like to plan either a Ultimate breakfast or Ultimate dinner on the balcony.

We would be at sea, sailing from Ketchikan, Alaska to Victoria, BC on the morning of July 30th - would it be too cold for eating outdoors??? Would the seas be rough on that particular area?

If I opted for the dinner, we dock at 7PM in Victoria, BC, and we sail again at midnight for Seattle. When would be a good time? It wouldn't give us too much time to go ashore.

We have a completely covered balcony.

Snowbird

We just did the Golden in July, I would pick UBD after leaving Ketchikan, it was beautiful. That is one of my favorite areas and it is normaly mild out (but with Alaska you never know).

I am not sure they would do it the last night after Victoria they have a hard time getting through the passageways with all the luggage outside the cabins.

If you go for the UB Breakfast, have it delivered to you as early as possible as you'll still be eating at mid-day ..!! :D Oh, and don't bother thinking about swimming that day either..!!

Archived