Question for Wineaux??

Ski-Lady

Wineaux, I'm hoping you can help me. We are looking to do a wine tours while we are in the LA area. We will be spending Wed. 09/02/09 in San Pedro and would like to head out on Thursday for the wine area. We have 2 days to spend in the wine country.(Would like to be back in San Pedro Saturday.) Would you have any suggestions for us, both for tours,lodging and dinning

We are looking forward to stopping in your shop on Thursday.

Thanks for any help.

I am not wineaux but I am a card carrying member of WINO who lives in the greater Los Angeles area.

If you rent a car you might consider two areas - Santa Barbara and the Central Coast. We have so many good wineries north of Los Angeles. If you want a more upscale trip stay in Santa Barbara and hire a car to take you to the many wineries in the area. There are great restaurants in the city. There are also 'wine tours' by van - check the internet.

If you have seen the movie Sideways - you can stay in the Paso Robles area. There are many good wineries to visit. The accommodations and restaurants are a bit more rustic but the wine is good.

This is all assuming you want to stay in SoCal to see our wine areas. If you want to fly to NoCal and visit the more famous Napa Sonoma areas - that is a whole different trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Rent a car in San Pedro and drive north to Santa Barbara. See the Mission in Santa Barbara and drive north to San Luis Obispo and on to Paso Robles. In the Paso Robles area there are several wineries. Spend the night at the Best Western Black Oak Inn in Paso Robles, with dinner at AJ Spurs in Templeton (about 15 minutes vis Highway 101 from Paso Robles). Take a leisurely ride back to Los Angeles, with a stop at the Reagan library, or the Getty Museum, or the Petersen Automobile Museum.

Paso Robles is about 200 miles north of Los Angeles or approximately 4 hours north of San Pedro. Remember that there are carpool lanes (occupancy in the vehicle is 2 or more) on Los Angeles' freeways that save you time.

This is from a former Michigander, who has lived in California for 40 years.

Archived