Two questions

sand piper

One---What color Pashmina will look the dressiest with a black satin long dress and silver accessories. Ebay has a silver one but I'm afraid it will just look gray. black?...white?

Two---What can I do to disquise a 'farmer's tan' for my strapless dress?

TIA, Salley

Hi Salley,

If they are not too expensive, buy both the silver and black. You can always make a Christmas gift of the less suitable one. First check with the seller if it really is 'glittery' silver or dullish.

For the strapless dress, I'd be looking for a sheer similar bolero/cape. You'll still have the strapless effect but the farmers tan won't be as obvious. Also you could try a spray or self-tan before the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise,

Anna

One---What color Pashmina will look the dressiest with a black satin long dress and silver accessories. Ebay has a silver one but I'm afraid it will just look gray. black?...white?

Two---What can I do to disquise a 'farmer's tan' for my strapless dress?

TIA, Salley

I wear a black pashmina with my black dresses, but I have seen some that have silver sparkly threads through them, if you want a contrast.

I love the spray tans that you can buy in stores. They are very nice, and have improved the formulas so much over the years. I also use a gradual tanning lotion every day. It looks natural, and if you apply it every day or every other day, it will eventually match your natural tan.

Jergens lotion with self tanner works GREAT in just a few days (and it doesn't streak). It is one of the cheaper brands of self tanning lotion, only about 8.00 a bottle.

You use it every day and it gets darker each time. In just a few days you'll get rid of your tan lines! I'm not big into the self tanners but I keep it in my closet for the beginning of summer when I want to start wearing shorts but I'm still china white.

I actually wear a totally different color pashmina entirely to kick the black up a bit-- like a dark fuschia colored one or a pale blue one. Once I pinned a black fancy feather pin (from Nordstrom) on it also to help keep it closed.

Instead of a pashmina, have you thought of a dupioni silk in a pashmina shape, you can do black or blue-grey and it would also look great!!

Jergens lotion with self tanner works GREAT in just a few days (and it doesn't streak). It is one of the cheaper brands of self tanning lotion, only about 8.00 a bottle.

You use it every day and it gets darker each time. In just a few days you'll get rid of your tan lines! I'm not big into the self tanners but I keep it in my closet for the beginning of summer when I want to start wearing shorts but I'm still china white.

I agree...no orange, no streaks.

As for the wrap...myself I love color...I would wear pink...last cruise they were selling them and I bought a hot pink and a red. We are leaving this Sunday and I have the hot pink in the suitcase packed.

Missygirl

Thanks for all the advise. I have used the Jergins lotion tanner. Mine from last year smells really funky! So I will try the foam or a spray.

The pash. seller said the ilver pash was not shiney so now to decide---black or a beautiful color. I love colors but thought maybe the black would be dressier.

Salley

Hi again Salley,

I gave the self tan some more thought . I'm thinking now that if you have a V-shaped farmers tan already, then adding a fake tan to that may not cover or blend with it at all. If you have ample time before the cruise, do test patch first, close to the existing tanned area. That way you'll have time to remove the stain before the cruise.

Hope it works for you.

Cheers,

Anna

Thanks for all the advise. I have used the Jergins lotion tanner. Mine from last year smells really funky! So I will try the foam or a spray.

The pash. seller said the ilver pash was not shiney so now to decide---black or a beautiful color. I love colors but thought maybe the black would be dressier.

Salley

I vote color!! Still very dressy!!!:)

Archived