Done what RCI want me to do, but still worried!

james_19742000

Hi all,

Off on Independence of the Seas, 4 night cruise to Cork from Southampton, UK next Saturday, am travelling with my wife, step-daughter and her friend.

When we booked the TA said that we would be fine with our daughter, but for her friend, we would need a letter from a solicitor, notary etc to confirm we are allowed to take him with us and we would be responsible for him whilst on-board ship.

So we downloaded the form from the RC website that can be filled in by his parents and signed by a notary etc, so that has all been filled in, we faxed it off to RC, they confirmed that was all OK, then this morning we got a letter from RC saying 'blah, blah, blah we had to be responsible, have a letter etc etc etc....'

So have I done everything, or is there anything else I need??

For him I will have:

Passport

Ticket

Filled in form from RC site signed by parents and a notary

Anything else, or have I covered everything???

Can anyone just settle things for me as I dont want to get there and then have problems as its a 3 hour drive from here!!!!

Thanks in advance, James.

I am taking my niece on a RCI cruise in March and my travel agent told me that form was all I needed but when I spoke to someone at RCI they told me I needed a separate notarized form to take her off the ship for each port, a form for her to use the rock climbing wall, separate one for ice skating, separate one for h2o zone, you get the idea. Check again.

:)

Hi all,

Off on Independence of the Seas, 4 night cruise to Cork from Southampton, UK next Saturday, am travelling with my wife, step-daughter and her friend.

When we booked the TA said that we would be fine with our daughter, but for her friend, we would need a letter from a solicitor, notary etc to confirm we are allowed to take him with us and we would be responsible for him whilst on-board ship.

So we downloaded the form from the RC website that can be filled in by his parents and signed by a notary etc, so that has all been filled in, we faxed it off to RC, they confirmed that was all OK, then this morning we got a letter from RC saying 'blah, blah, blah we had to be responsible, have a letter etc etc etc....'

So have I done everything, or is there anything else I need??

For him I will have:

Passport

Ticket

Filled in form from RC site signed by parents and a notary

Anything else, or have I covered everything???

Can anyone just settle things for me as I dont want to get there and then have problems as its a 3 hour drive from here!!!!

Thanks in advance, James.

A big thing for me would be travel and out of the country health insurance. If the child gets sick or hurt with out it your stuck with the bill....Good luck :)

Does the RCI letter you used include giving you authority to make medical decisions and arrange medical care? God forbid, but things do happen. You definitely want to make sure that you are able to take care of things if necessary. I second HARP's suggestion that his parents (or you, depending on how expenses are being handled) purchase travel insurance, including medical. I'm sure you know it won't help on the ship because they will not take or bill any travel or medical insurance, period. You would have to pay and then be reimbursed. With travel insurance, you could take care of it easily.

Have fun!

beachchick

Got the travel insurance sorted, he is covered on my annual group insurance, so thats cool.

Its the getting on business that worries me, having read various posts on here about potential problems and now that RC seem to have tightened up on minors travelling period, then I just want to make sure I have all the correct documents to get on board :D

I have done all that RC have asked, but until we get there and are onboard I will still be worried!!!

I have a copy of the email that RC sent to me to confirm that all my paperwork is in order but what someone says in teh office and what they say at the port can be two completely different things!!!! :eek::eek:

James

Are you passing through immigration? Having a letter from RCI won't mean a thing to immigration.

You should have a letter authorizing you to take the minor out of the country, on to the specific ship, authorizing you to sign any necessary consent forms, authorizing you to take minor off the ship, authorizing you to consent to any necessary medical care.. Basically what the other posters said. If the RCI form doesn't cover these things, then you need another form.

It seems that they want a letter stating that you will be responsible for the child, expenses and any bills incurred while he is in your care.

This would be different from the parents notarized statement. It's YOUR promise to the cruise ship that they will be paid. (damages, medical etc).

It seems that they want a letter stating that you will be responsible for the child, expenses and any bills incurred while he is in your care.

This would be different from the parents notarized statement. It's YOUR promise to the cruise ship that they will be paid. (damages, medical etc).

This is the form that is downloadable of the RC site, I have downloaded that and myself, the other childs parents etc have fiulled in and had signed by the notary, then sent to RC, they emailed back saying all was OK.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/content/en_UK/pdf/pdfsfromPD/Notarised_letter2..pdf

Look about right???

James

This is the form that is downloadable of the RC site, I have downloaded that and myself, the other childs parents etc have fiulled in and had signed by the notary, then sent to RC, they emailed back saying all was OK.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/content/en_UK/pdf/pdfsfromPD/Notarised_letter2..pdf

Look about right???

James

That doesn't spell out who is financially responsible for the child. Maybe that's what's missing. This form just says you are morally responsible.

I would check with the cruiseline and ask what they mean by that statement.

Good point, think I will ring them tomorrow and double check that I have done everything, and what else needs to be done, just a thought, do you think it would be worth calling the port and seeing if someone there could point me in the right direction and confirm or not???

James

I am taking my 16 yr old nephew with us since he has our same last name do I really need consent forms? Or can i just act like he is my

son? I would maybe need a consent to treat just in case. but other than

that.

I am taking my 16 yr old nephew with us since he has our same last name do I really need consent forms? Or can i just act like he is my

that.

Is he using a passport or are you using a birth certificate for him? If it's the passport, then it would be easier to sneak it through.

However, I am always in the party of "better safe than sorry". It just takes a couple of minutes to have the parents fill out the form and a couple of dollars to get it notarized.

that.

Just when you think you won't need anything, that's when something will happen. What happens if he injures himself and you need to make an emergency decision? Contacting his parents could waste valuable time. What if someone from US Immigration questions you about who this child is? What are you going to do then?

It's always best to have your ducks in a row and have all the paperwork. Is there any reason why you're reluctant t do this?

BTW, you shouldn't have to pay for the notary. Most banks have at least one employee who's a notary, so just go to your bank and have the papers notorized

Some countries require both parents sign the release. If one or both of them are dead they require death certs. Mexico requires this for air passengers and ships sould be the same. So check with each countries embassy and see what they require.

A few phone calls would settle your mind.

Archived