Formal Nights?????????

delidan

I don't believe that is what I said. I just said that the allure of the cruise at least for many people is the finer points of the old ocean liners. Would you have wanted to be in 3rd class back then because that is where folks who didn't dress for dinner ate at. I just feel that somehow that nicety of cruising is no longer. It is simply because of dollars as the man on the program stated the cruise lines are trying to appeal to everyone and in the process they are losing part of what cruising used to be about. I don't want to go back to the class system as I am the one that must cruise at the barebones lowest price so I would have to sleep with the engines and dine with the critters on the leftovers. I just wishes that the cruise lines could have a place to dress nice as one poster worded it without haveing to pay for a speciality resturant. There are loads of places to eat many that don't charge but dressing nice not fancy but nice is no longer inforced in any of them. Unfortunately, it is not a NCL problem it is a cruise industry problem as they are all that way now. No offense meant to anyone just that I would like to be able to know that others around me had the same views.

looks like another one of those threads where due to the subject you will get a mixed response and once that happens it tends to start developing into arguments, we have already had someone saying the remarks were sarcastic and then questioning how you should dress on-board.

I have to say i do enjoy formal nights and thats from someone sitting in his office wearing shorts and a polo shirt so I also like the casual attire.

I just think its what seperats cruising from the lager swilling brigade who just want to drink, swear, try and have sex with anyone they meet on a beach in Spain or Corfu.

Im not saying you have to wear a tux every night or at all but at least keep shorts out of the dining room, does it really take that much effort to put on a pair of trousers for dinner ????

Archived