Freedom of Seas late today?

It looked like Freedom was later than usual getting into Port Canaveral this morning 8/23... anyone know if that's the case, and why?

No problems onboard, we did feel some movement last night that I'm assuming was due to Bill, but all was good. I was trying to squeeze a few more moments of sleep, but I think I heard an announcement saying we were clear around 5:50 am. Can't swear to that though!

We were in the first group off and we walked off just after 7. We were in our rental car by 7:45.

We were in the first group off and we walked off just after 7. We were in our rental car by 7:45.

Wow - that's a quick disembarkation! We're on her in 3 weeks and I hope we can get off that quickly! Not that I'm in a hurry to get home and do laundry ...

Wow - that's a quick disembarkation! We're on her in 3 weeks and I hope we can get off that quickly! Not that I'm in a hurry to get home and do laundry ...

great, huh?! We came down the escalator to baggage and at that moment our luggage came out- all 3 bags together! Walked out to the shuttle area and within 5 minutes, there it was. No line at Budget, and off we went!

I'm sitting in my room at Disney waiting to go out for dinner! A few more days before returning to reality!

great, huh?! We came down the escalator to baggage and at that moment our luggage came out- all 3 bags together! Walked out to the shuttle area and within 5 minutes, there it was. No line at Budget, and off we went!

I'm sitting in my room at Disney waiting to go out for dinner! A few more days before returning to reality!

How was the service at Budget? We have never used them before, normally use Avis.

Have a great few days at Disney.

She may have been a little late arriving, but she's definitely late leaving this afternoon. She's still not left and it looks like there's heavy clouds over the area now.

I have always wondered about what is happening on the other side of the ship from the time it its the dock at 430am until it steams out.

I can only imagine how much hustle is happening to load all the supplies for the next cruise. I used to be in Grocery distribution & later Liquior Distribution. I expect there are many forklifts driving around to get all the food & booze aboard.

Watching now for her to come out of the channel. Counting the days til 11/8 when I can be up top waving to those at the Pier resturants.

76 days & counting. djay

How was the service at Budget? We have never used them before, normally use Avis.

How is Avis in Port Canaveral? The local office I use here is very good. I usually use National when flying into an airport so I never actually see an agent (Emerald Aisle member).

Thanks!

Have a great few days at Disney.

She may have been a little late arriving, but she's definitely late leaving this afternoon. She's still not left and it looks like there's heavy clouds over the area now.

I originally had a reservation with Avis. We had used them from back when they were next to the Radisson. Then I read about problems with car availability, so I switched to Budget, and with a better rate.

I was happy with them. Plenty of cars this morning when I came to pick the car up. Dropping off last week around 10:45, there were few though. Get there early must be the rule, but I'm sure that's the case anywhere. This morning, there was only one person working the counter and she was moving people in and out quickly. The shuttle was quick with drop off and pick up.

I did her that you should make sure you have your gas receipt with you when you turn the car in to avoid gas refueling charges.

I would rent with them again.

It looked like Freedom was later than usual getting into Port Canaveral this morning 8/23... anyone know if that's the case, and why?

Heard 3 high and 2 low blasts when all 3 ships were in port. Then heard some more blasts. So don't know what was going on. All 3 ships left late.

Archived