Shipping package to yourself.

Viking0040

Good morning,

Has anyone ever mailed themselves a package or had water and soda mailed to the ship to pick up at check in. Just wondering if you do it, how it works and what company is best to use.

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for the replys.

We are taking the cruise line shuttle from the airport so stopping on the way isn't an option. I know places like Costco and Office Depot and maybe some others ship items like this for reasonable rates. Many people use them to ship water and soda to hotels, and so we are just wondering if there is anyone who has done it with a cruise ship.

I would call HAL and ask if they have a luggage shipping service for your cruise. Then fill a piece of luggage with whatever you want and they will pick up and deliver to your cabin.

UPS, I have used for luggage but they don't deliver to the ship, they need a address to deliver to (and not a weekend), I have the luggage delivered to a UPS location in the port city.

I would cancel the bus transfer, take a taxi, stop for what you want and continue to your hotel or ship.

Let us know what you find out.

MaryAnn

I noticed you said water and Soda, Water what for, the drinking water on the ship is probably has good or better than some Bottled water has the distil daily while at sea. Has Far has soda goes, You didn't mention which port you where leaving from, I'm sure that is you let us know somebody on CC will know a close place to the dock to get a 12 pack. Has we drink a lot of soda we 2 of us, will take two 12 pack's from Vancouver to San Diego, then stock up in San Diego for the cruise to Hawaii. Then stock up there for the cruise back.

Buy it in your first port and bring it aboard if you aren't satisifed with what you can get on the ship. As stated above, the ship's water is almost always more pure than anything bottled you are buying.

UPS, I have used for luggage but they don't deliver to the ship, they need a address to deliver to (and not a weekend), I have the luggage delivered to a UPS location in the port city.

Interesting! Did UPS take the luggage "as is?" Or did they require it to be packed in a cardboard box?

Archived