Alcohol included

cvanrys

We have talked to people on some of our cruises who have said that the alcohol was included in their price. It was arranged by their TA. Has anyone ever booked one of these, and how do you do it?

Sorry if this is a double post, I may have hit a key I shouldn't have.

There are special circumstances when this can happen. On Carnival (I believe) it can be arranged for a group cruise, but the group must be of a minimum size (at least 30?) and every person in the group must purchase the package. I can happen on some of the luxury cruise lines, and it happens on thomson Cruises, sold only in Europe. May happen other ways, but not generally in the US from our major players. EM

We have talked to people on some of our cruises who have said that the alcohol was included in their price. It was arranged by their TA. Has anyone ever booked one of these, and how do you do it?

Sorry if this is a double post, I may have hit a key I shouldn't have.

Your TA can preorder bottles for your cabin.

Your TA can preorder bottles for your cabin.

Not all cruiselines allow you to purchase bottles of liquor for your cabin. Royal Caribbean does not - but it does let you pre-order wine. Celebrity allows you to purchase liquor or wine for your cabin.

Royal Caribbean apparently allows groups to have an all-inclusive arrangement - but if I recall correctly, the group has to be a good size, and every single person has to participate.

Plus there's that pesky problem of people accidentally falling overboard if you let them drink their fill ...

Just because you can't have your own bottle doesn't mean that you can't "drink your fill"---unless you can't actually form words to order your next drink, they'll serve you!

Use sign language, drink some more.:p

Not all cruiselines allow you to purchase bottles of liquor for your cabin. Royal Caribbean does not - but it does let you pre-order wine. Celebrity allows you to purchase liquor or wine for your cabin.

Royal Caribbean apparently allows groups to have an all-inclusive arrangement - but if I recall correctly, the group has to be a good size, and every single person has to participate.

Plus there's that pesky problem of people accidentally falling overboard if you let them drink their fill ...

Sorry. I should have been a little more clear. I know this option is available on Carnival, HAL, and NCL.

I´m booked on an all-inclusive (with alcohol) cruise with pullmantur. All of their cruises except one route is all-inclusive. Pullmantur is a company out of Spain but owned by RCI. It is not a luxory line at all but very all-inclusive for everyone on board. :)

Archived