Ultimate Balcony Dinner questions

CaribbeanCruisers

We'll be on the Ruby Princess 10/25/09 and we're planning on doing the UBD. I have a few questions...

1. Are the dinners done every night?

2. Are they served between a certain time frame, if so can you tell me the hours?

3. We're inviting three other guests so we'll have a total of five people. Will we be charged pp or will we be charged for 6 people? I wasn't sure if it was "per couple only".

4. A couple of the men in our group are big eaters, especially when eating lobster. Can they order/request more than one tail upfront?

5. Can the cocktails be replaced with beer for the beer drinkers?

6. Like I said, five of us will be enjoying this dinner. What would you recommend for a tip? Do we tip each waiter, or just one and he/she will share the tip with the other?

Thanks in advance,

CC

we'll be on the ruby princess 10/25/09 and we're planning on doing the ubd. I have a few questions...

1. Are the dinners done every night?

yes except last night. And a max of 4 dinners per evening

2. Are they served between a certain time frame, if so can you tell me the hours?

no, basicly dinner hours 5p-10p

3. We're inviting three other guests so we'll have a total of five people. Will we be charged pp or will we be charged for 6 people? I wasn't sure if it was "per couple only".

$50pp

4. A couple of the men in our group are big eaters, especially when eating lobster. Can they order/request more than one tail upfront?

this would have to be set up with the room service supervisor, he will be calling anyway to talk.

5. Can the cocktails be replaced with beer for the beer drinkers?

again ask the supervisor

6. Like i said, five of us will be enjoying this dinner. What would you recommend for a tip? Do we tip each waiter, or just one and he/she will share the tip with the other?

thanks in advance,

we give $10-20 per person per server, there are usually 2.

cc

:) :) :)

Colo,

In regards to the tip.. Are you suggesting $10-$20 per person at dinner to each of the two waiters?

We'll have five guests so I'm assuming anywhere from $50-$100 for each waiter?

Thanks again,

CC

For the UBD yes. The two will work their tails off. :D

Whatever you feel comfortable with. :)

For the UBD yes. The two will work their tails off. :D

Whatever you feel comfortable with. :)

Perfect! I appreciate your suggestion. We tipped pretty much the same way in the speciality resturants in the past.

One more question, is it one or two cocktails pp?

Thank you for your help.

CC

One cocktail pp before dinner and then 1/2 bottle champagne per couple. You can "upgrade" to a full bottle, I don't remember the price of that. As for tipping, the amount Colo Cruiser quoted you is very approrpriate for for the hard working waitstaff. Have fun, I'll be on Ruby right after you and plan on a UBD one of the formal nights.

This may have changed but we've tried to do the UBD on two different ships sailing with 3 people. Both times we were told it's $100 per couple, and that we'd have to pay the extra $50 for the fourth person, even though there were only 3 of us.

This may have changed but we've tried to do the UBD on two different ships sailing with 3 people. Both times we were told it's $100 per couple, and that we'd have to pay the extra $50 for the fourth person, even though there were only 3 of us.

I think I remember reading in the beginning they were trying to charge by the couple only. But they have changed this and now it is $50 extra for each person over that first couple that attends. ;)

Archived