EL BULLI Restaurant???

gaylebd

Has anyone ever gone to El Bulli?

It is considered to have the best Chef in the world - Ferran Adria.

He is the father and pioneer of molecular gastronomy among other things.

Many chefs will state that restaurant as the place they would like to eat.

Of course it is very expensive - but for the meal of a lifetime I would sack away my pennies.

I am very interested in an itinerary that would allow me to try and get reservations, although that might be impossible as well!

Just thought I would throw it out there - I am attempting to plan my trip of a lifetime.

Thanks!

The day El Bulli opens their reservations for the seasons they fill up for the entire year within hours. We have tried several times and never got through. Best of luck! Here's a great blog entry w/photos about a lunch there:

http://www.chuckeats.com/2006/06/22/el-bulli-roses-spain-the-mad-scientist/

Brian

Thanks Brian, good blog-

Yes I know it fills up fast, I have read alot about it - they will start taking reservations in January so I am trying to plan ahead!!

Good luck with obtaining a reservation - having eaten last week at the Fat Duck at Bray (which is inspired by El Bulli) I promise you will have the meal of a lifetime :D

Those pictures in the link are amazing!!

Coincidentally there is an article in today's Toronto Star about this. The writer who is an executive chef had to write months in advance and submit his resume to be accepted as a guest.

Terry

If you are a VIP you will be given a table within minutes. Otherwise, prepar to wait even years before getting a reservation.

It depends what you call a VIP. The Duchess of Cornwall tried to get a reservation and was told "Sorry, we are fully booked". If she cannot get in I don't know what you call a VIP.

The reservations do not open for each year's booking until the restaurant closes the previous year (it is only open June to December). The whole year is usually fully booked by the end of the day.

It depends what you call a VIP. The Duchess of Cornwall tried to get a reservation and was told "Sorry, we are fully booked". If she cannot get in I don't know what you call a VIP.

The reservations do not open for each year's booking until the restaurant closes the previous year (it is only open June to December). The whole year is usually fully booked by the end of the day.

It depends on who they consider VIP...... A local newspaper published an article once about many restaurants in Spain in which this policy was revised if the restaurant could get a benefit from them. So, even small local politicians would come first than many other top VIPS:

It depends on who they consider VIP...... A local newspaper published an article once about many restaurants in Spain in which this policy was revised if the restaurant could get a benefit from them. So, even small local politicians would come first than many other top VIPS:

I can't think of a higher VIP than the Duchess of Cornwall, except perhaps the King of Spain or the Queen of England.

Ferran Adrià has said that he doesn't care who the person is, no-one gets special treatment in his restaurant.

Good luck with obtaining a reservation - having eaten last week at the Fat Duck at Bray (which is inspired by El Bulli) I promise you will have the meal of a lifetime :D

Those pictures in the link are amazing!!

I was reading about the Fat Duck and Mugaritz on the blog.

Tell us about your meal!! What were some highlights?

I have been to Minibar in DC -which is influenced by El Bulli as well - incredible!

Same thing at The French Laundry here in the States - sometimes persistance pays off - I am very happy to say :D

Anyway - while I appreciate the "don't even try" responses - no one has been kind enough to suggest an itinerary -

would Barcelona be the closest Port?

Same thing at The French Laundry here in the States - sometimes persistance pays off - I am very happy to say :D

Anyway - while I appreciate the "don't even try" responses - no one has been kind enough to suggest an itinerary -

would Barcelona be the closest Port?

It is about 70 miles North of Barcelona towards the French border. It is also in a very remote location.

I think in terms of cruise ports that Barcelona is the nearest. You would then need to hire a car to drive there and probably an overnight stay. There is a hotel not too far away but I cannot remember its name. They mainly cater to people eating at El Bulli.

Good luck. Let us know if you manage to get in.

It is about 70 miles North of Barcelona towards the French border. It is also in a very remote location.

I think in terms of cruise ports that Barcelona is the nearest. You would then need to hire a car to drive there and probably an overnight stay. There is a hotel not too far away but I cannot remember its name. They mainly cater to people eating at El Bulli.

Good luck. Let us know if you manage to get in.

Thank You! I thought it would be Barcelona!

Actually, from the blog that Brian posted - sounds like alot of good choices for a backup! THANKS TO YOU ALSO BRIAN!

I would just really like to experience a "to-die-for" meal in Spain since it seems to be the place that many are looking at now for innovation.

I will try for any reservation and find a cruise from there OR

If I find I am not worthy, I will go to a backup suggested by Chuck Eats!

I think it will all be great in the end!!

Archived