Best 5 hour catamaran/turtle swim?

jayhjay

I am debating between various catamaran/snorkle with turtle trips. We are interested in the 5 hour trips and so far have seen three: Royal carribeans, eltrigre cruises, and silver moon. All include lunch and snorkling. Silver moon is the most expensive but they are all within $10 or so. Can anyone compare or recommend one over the other? Do they have have about the same number of passengers? Anyone have good or bad experiences on any of these?

We were on The Silver Moon 7/04 and I have already reserved our spot for 7/05. It's great, you will not be dissapointed in the least. I think they take no more than 12 passengers. I cannot say enough good things about this excursion...it's probably one of the best we've been on! Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks for the feedback. After reviewing a whole bunch of old messages, I agree that SIlver Moon seems to be the top choice. I emailed them and got some more information. I think we are going to book with them, I just have to decide if we want to pay more for the smaller boat ($95 for 12 in the SIlver Moon I) or less for the larger ($80 for 18 in Silver Moon II). Anyone done the II, and if so, does it seem crowded? A major selling point of this line is that they keep the groups so small, so I wonder if the bigger tour will not be as good. Any thoughts?

We had a blast on the Silver Moon in Dec and EVERYONE on the catamaran said this was a highlight of our entire week. Great boat, crew, food. It was like going out for the day with some friends who just happened to have a FAB boat. I saw some of the other boats that we considered and was SO glad we didn't book with them because they were LOADED down with people, no room to move, etc. The Silver Moon is worth every penny!

We tried to book the Silver Moon for our trip next week but they were full. They do have availability on Lantana their 50ft sailing yacht. Has anyone tried this?

We also have a possiblity of booking on the Why Not with Captain Ron but haven't been able to find anyone that has gone on ths.

Would appreciate any info on either of these.

Thank you,

We sailed aboard the Silver Moon II on Christmas Eve.

We were a family of 11 out of a total of 18 people aboard. There was plenty of shade and plenty of space for everyone to spread out. Never felt like we were packed. Captain Nick and his crew treated us like royalty and we could not have been more pleased.

As others have stated previously, both food and drink were plentiful and excellent!

Seeing some of the other passing catamaran excursions packed to the gills, we knew no matter how much they paid, we had made the absolute best decision to go with Silver Moon.

There was 12 of us that went on the Silver moon last spring and it was the highlight of our trip. You were treated like royality and everything was perfect. We are planning another cruise just to get back to the silver moon.

Archived