Dawn Embarkation from NYC

lumofny

How has embarkation been this summer for the Dawn out of NYC? We'll be arriving in NY around 7am and aren't planning on checking in until around 11am. Is it possible to check bags in early, then come back later to actually check in?

Also, what is the Latitudes check in like in NYC? Will we have to sit in the big mass of chairs like everyone else? :)

The July 17th cruise was no problem.

We got there at 10:30 and the concierge took us on board by 11:30.

Thanks - did you book a suite? We are in an ocean view. When you arrived, did they have a special place for Latitudes members to go?

Thanks - did you book a suite? We are in an ocean view. When you arrived, did they have a special place for Latitudes members to go?

Unless you are a VIP you will have to sit the chairs with everyone else. There are so many repeat NCL cruisers it's not like the Latitudes section is is an private room.

I think I read on CC once that Latitude line has the lower boarding numbers. Can someone verify this?

OP, the waiting is not that bad. They have some refreshments and keep you posted as to any delays or how long it will be until the ship is cleared for boarding. I find NCL boarding to be quite efficient.

I am not sure what time the porters are available for taking luggage. You may want to call the terminial and ask.

Once the Dawn has docked, you can drop your luggage and then tour around a bit and come back. No worries. 11 am is perfect timing. You will sit with the masses initially. Once you go through security there will be a separate line for Lattitudes members. Just know that the Dawn has the highest repeat passenger rate. So, the line will still be long, but not as long as the regular line. We always arrive at the pier by 10:30 so we can be amongst the first to board.

Happy Sailing!

Archived