Blue Lagoon Beach-Only Qs

vakamalua

We are thinking of doing the Blue Lagoon Beach-Only excursion in October and have a few Qs for any one who has done this:

--Does the beach get crowded? Hard to find chairs?

--How is the snorkeling off the beach? Lots to see?

--Can you SEE the dolphins and sea lions without doing the encounter?

--Are there clean changing facilities there?

--If you go through your cruise line, are there usually multiple times that you can return to the ship? Are there other non-cruise returns to where the Blue Lagoon boat drops off?

--How's the food?

Thanks.

We are thinking of doing the Blue Lagoon Beach-Only excursion in October and have a few Qs for any one who has done this:

--Does the beach get crowded? Hard to find chairs?

We were there in November/February and July, the only time chairs were sparce was in July. Of course families would horde 5-6 and then spend the entire time in the water. We always found seat, and there are loads of picnic table and hammocks as well.

--How is the snorkeling off the beach? Lots to see?

Haven't done this... yet, but I'd be surprised if it were great. I think it's just something to do. The lagoon is very shallow with a soft sandy bottom.

--Can you SEE the dolphins and sea lions without doing the encounter?

Yes, you can walk over and watch from the ridge. You won't be allowed in the "observers" area, but they are close enough to watch in awe.

--Are there clean changing facilities there?

Yes, there are restrooms, outdoor showers and changing facilities.. very nice and clean.

--If you go through your cruise line, are there usually multiple times that you can return to the ship? Are there other non-cruise returns to where the Blue Lagoon boat drops off?

Don't know about the cruise line, but i'm sure that you can go back on any ferry that leaves before your assigned ferry. Not all ferries go directly back to the cruise dock. Some go to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal.. so you would need to grab a quick cab from there. $5pp.

--How's the food?

Pretty good. Angus Burgers, chicken sandwich, Hot dogs, fresh fruit, punch and chips. There's also a full bar.. with great staff.

Thanks.

See above

Additional question....

Saw Scubagirl mentioned an "assigned ferry" back.

When I e-mailed Blue Lagoon, they told me that I wouldn't have any time for the beach if we did both a Dolphin Encounter and Sea Lion Encounter.

We are docked from 7AM-10PM, so I was going to schedule the first Dolphin/Sea Lion Encounter, then schedule the other 2nd.

I figured if the ferry leaves Paradise Island at 8:30, 10:30, 12:30, 2:30 etc..., that our encounters would be 9-10ish and 11-noon-ish, leaving from noon till the last ferry at 4PM for the beach.

Do they force you to leave the island after your Encounter(s) ?

Needless to say, a little confused by the e-mail and then Scubagirl's answer...

I completely understand that not everyone can take the last ferry back, but I would think if people book two full encounters (high ticket price)

versus observers and beach tickets, that they should get some preference to stay and enjoy the island afterwards.

Thanks,

Bill

Dolphin Encounters may have misunderstood how long you were in Nassau. We had the 8:30 swim in May and by the time all was said and done it was almost 11:00 by the time we walked over to the beach after our program (we did wait around to buy pictures).

Assuming you can do the 8:30 swim with the dolphins and the 11:30 or 12:00 sea lion encounter you should be completely finished by 2:00. If the last ferry leaves at 4:00 you should be able to spend an hour or two on the beach.

Also, to the OP, most of the time the return ferry will stop at Paradise Island first and then continue on to the cruise ship dock. No extra charge!

Which cruiseline offers this specific tour??

This excursion is offered by Disney Cruise Line. I know that you can book it yourself, but like the convenience of going with the ship rather than getting to the ferry terminal ourselves.

Archived