The 8-Day WHILRWIND Mystery Tour on the 8/15 Freedom. A review. With pics!

CeleBrat

I really enjoyed your review. It was very professional, and should be used in a Carnival commercial. I was so mesmerized that when you mentioned about your husband telling the lady about Cruise Critics, I was thinking "That's a good site, I need to go there" LOL :D. You were able to get spike the attention of me and I believe all the other readers, and was able to help us reproduce the feelings associated with each event.

Does Carnival need me to be a writer for them? I'm in! Don't even need to be paid. Just free cruises for life!

How is it possible that I'm still anxiously (and impatiently) awaiting my cruise, yet am experiencing that "icky feeling" in the pit of my stomach, similiar to what I feel when my cruise is OVER? LOL

And that is SO FUNNY about your missing the ship.

I have to ask if you have notes on the process of getting over to the Baths. My kids would LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and I just wondered if you had some "easy to follow" instructions (with ballpark prices?) for me? :o:D If you do, could you please email it to me at the address below in my signature? And what had you planned on doing in Antigua (if you had gotten there)? Just curious.

Thanks again for writing the review. It (and you) are deserving of all the praise!

Sorry the review is over. But hey, at least you have your cruise to look forward to, right?

I will gladly send you BATHS info as requested--probably later tonight.

--CeleBrat

SOrry--didn't answer the Antigua question. We had a private 6 hour "Ultimate Island Tour" planned, with Gordon (tourguidegordon). He is highly recommended on the Antigua boards on this site. And, I must also put in a THUMBS UP for him, even though we never made it to Antigua. I emailed him from the ship as soon as we found out that Antigua was off of our itinerary, and he promptly emailed back, and refunded my deposit. That's some great customer service!!

CeleBrat

I have to ask if you have notes on the process of getting over to the Baths. My kids would LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and I just wondered if you had some "easy to follow" instructions (with ballpark prices?) for me?

I will gladly send you BATHS info as requested--probably later tonight.

Celebrat, instead of emailing it privately, could you perhaps post the info here so we can all share in the info? Thanks.

SOrry--didn't answer the Antigua question. We had a private 6 hour "Ultimate Island Tour" planned, with Gordon (tourguidegordon). He is highly recommended on the Antigua boards on this site. And, I must also put in a THUMBS UP for him, even though we never made it to Antigua. I emailed him from the ship as soon as we found out that Antigua was off of our itinerary, and he promptly emailed back, and refunded my deposit. That's some great customer service!!

CeleBrat

He did the same for me. That's excellent customer service!

We used Speedy's Ferries to get to the island of Virgin Gorda. It was #38.00 person (includes shuttle to/from the Baths) and located a short walk from the cruise ship- maybe 10ish minutes. Here's the website: http://www.speedysbvi.com/ There is a map on the website to show you how to walk to the ferry dock.

They accepted US dollars and credit cards. The ferry has an inside air conditioned room and an outside open deck for seating. It was about a 40 minute ferry each way. I would not try this if you are leaving at 3:00. You would have to be on the 12:30 ferry from Virgin Gorda and that's just not enough time.

The Baths are located at national park. There is a $3.00 pp person admission fee. They will accept US dollars. There is a walk down to the Baths on a dirt/rock path. It is well marked. At the bottom, there is a small restaurant, lockers, and restrooms. The showers were not working during our visit. For those with mobility issues, there is a restaurant at the top of the baths with a small pool. You need tokens for the lockers and showers which are available at the small restaurant. I would advise that everyone wear water shoes with hard soles not flip flops.

I started to scan this review to see if the mystery stops ended up to be any ports we will be stopping at on our upcoming cruise, but continued reading as it was so well done.

Great job & thanks for all your hard work. I too am going to check out your other reviews!

Hi Celebrat

I have just spent hours reading all three of your reviews. They were all fantastic and I felt like I was on holidays with you. Thankyou so much for taking the time to write them :).

Now you should set your sights on coming to see our side of the world :D.

There are some amazing islands and countries to visit down here including Fiji, Vanuatu, Loyalty Islands etc. They have fantastic snorkelling, beautiful beaches and wonderful friendly islanders.

I am just about to post a review from our cruise in the south pacific if you want to take a look (I have done part 1 but didn't know how to include pictures so i'll redo it and you can check them out - i'll add it to my signature and let you know soon).

Thanks again for the review Celebrat. I read your review on the NCL Gem as well and loved it too!!

I would love your opinion on the NCL Gem. How would you compare the NCL Gem to the other cruises you have been on?? Would you cruise on it again?? We are considering it, but wanted to get opinions of others who have sailed on it with children. Were the kids program good compared to other lines??

Thanks.

That's all I can find. Sorry :( It's very easy to find posts and threads written by someone. Left click on someone's name , go to public profile, click on statistics, click on all threads started by this poster.

Hi

I am a co -cruiser from Eva's (Celebrat's) last cruise on the Orchestra. I read your post about Eva's journey on the Legend but the last day of the cruise is not included. Can you tell me where to find it? Thanks for your help.

Marsha

Originally Posted by Sherrybaby412 View Post

I was able to find your Legend review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...665&highlight=

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...701&highlight=

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...266&highlight=

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...096&highlight=

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...108&highlight=

Thanks for taking the time to post on your day off! I can sit on these boards for hours reading reviews like yours, then I find myself on the Carnival site looking for last minute cruise deals! ;)

HAHA!! I do the same thing (except I have a Dream Cruise list that I add to every time I read someone's review :))

THAT REVIEW IS LITERALLY THE BEST ONE I HAVE EVER READ!!! I am going downstairs RIGHT NOW to tell the dh that I want our next big cruise (not the weekenders) to be the same 8 day one you just took. You really should look into being a TA on the side!! :D:D:p

Ok Sherrybaby412, find the other parts LOL. Apparently, there are more than 5 parts. You got me sucked into reading it and now need to finish reading all of it. LOL

Celebrat, still a nice read but miss seeing the pictures.

Did you ever find the other parts of the review of the Legend cruise written by Celebrat?

I am dying to finish reading it. I can't seem to find it. Help!!!

We cruised with her and her family on April 4 on the MSC Orchestra. That is a nice review to read as well as her review of the Gem.

Marsha

I totally enjoyed your review and felt as I already sailed with you. I'm sailing on Freedom in 3 weeks and feel like I'll be repeating your cruise. I did my usual search on a ship I never sailed and came upon your review. It took me a total of 6 hours barring interuptions and over a 3 day period to enjoy this adventure.

If I ever find myself on your ship a round of drink's are coming your way cause I feel like I just experienced a pre-cruise excursion. You definately should be paid for your talents. Heck, we should all pitch in $20.00 bucks each and send you on the Dream for another experience... I'm sure I will reflect on this during my getaway and use your info as well as other advice I get from this site in getting the most from my cruise.

Thanks so much....

Celebrat,

Thanks for such a great report. I've only read the Tortola part because we are now stopping there on our DCL 12/5 trip. Someone shared this site and your thread and it was a perfect stop for great info. I know that we will now plan to ferry to Virgin Gorda and visit the Baths. Thanks for sharing your time there.

I'm a Disney guy and DVC owner. We're cruising in December for a celebration of my parents 50th and then next year again for Halloween. Hope to hang around a bit and pilfer everyone's knowledge. Looks like a great place to learn.

bob

The END....

:)

BRAVO!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!!!! HANDS-DOWN the BEST review I've ever read on the CC boards! I laughed, I cried - it was as if I was on the cruise with you. I felt your moments of joy and sea-sickness, as well as your pangs of sadness as your cruise was coming to an end and your embarrassment of being the last off the ship (GREAT story!) :o. Loved your photos as well!

Your kids are adorable, and your family is lucky to have you. Can't wait to read about your next adventure!

• 3 weeks later...
I totally enjoyed your review and felt as I already sailed with you. I'm sailing on Freedom in 3 weeks and feel like I'll be repeating your cruise. I did my usual search on a ship I never sailed and came upon your review. It took me a total of 6 hours barring interuptions and over a 3 day period to enjoy this adventure.

If I ever find myself on your ship a round of drink's are coming your way cause I feel like I just experienced a pre-cruise excursion. You definately should be paid for your talents. Heck, we should all pitch in $20.00 bucks each and send you on the Dream for another experience... I'm sure I will reflect on this during my getaway and use your info as well as other advice I get from this site in getting the most from my cruise.

Thanks so much....

Just checking in on the review that it seems like I wrote FOREVER ago, and found this. WOW! You are just too nice. I can't believe you read the WHOLE THING! So glad you liked the review, and I'll gladly take you up on that drink someday.

Until then--happy cruising!

CeleBrat

• 2 months later...

CeleBrat, it seems like your Kid Nation story fits your screen name - you are truly a brat of a mom. :) (j/k)

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us! I'm the same as you, I research research research! And I caught DH at dinner once, telling our dinnermates all about CC... except he kept forgetting the name of the website and kept interrupting me for it, lol.

I was reading a comment you made on another thread and I saw on your signature the links to three of your reviews. Since we were on the Carnival Freedom a couple of months after you, I thought I would check it out. I'm so glad I read your review!

Thank you for your amazing review of your Carnival Freedom cruise. I throroughly enjoyed your writing style and I really felt like I came along with you guys.

On a future cruise I would like to go to Tortola (as we have never been there) and visit the Baths. Those were some terrific pictures. I have no doubt that you will visit Antigua in a future cruise. Too bad you missed it this time around.

I am now looking forward to reading your MSC and NCL reviews.

Thanks kenrod! Hope the review was helpful.

I am now preparing to sail on the Carnival Miracle. Even though the cruise isn't until April, I too am actively researching and seeking out reviews.

Not to worry though, I will once again post a review as well when we get back.

Thanks for reading!

CeleBrat

Thanks kenrod! Hope the review was helpful.

I am now preparing to sail on the Carnival Miracle. Even though the cruise isn't until April, I too am actively researching and seeking out reviews.

Not to worry though, I will once again post a review as well when we get back.

Thanks for reading!

CeleBrat

Celebrat,

So glad to check in with you once again. I am so excited that you are doing the Miracle in April. We are doing it for our New Years Eve cruise so I will be anticipantly awaiting your review of the Miracle. I loved your review of the Freedom so much that I just could not wait to go on the Freedom in November. I have to check your signature to see if you have done the Paradise as we are going on her next month :D.

Archived