island escape may 20th 2010

matureman65

• 3 weeks later...

was on the island escape 1st sept-8th on the med discovery itinery we had an absolutely fantastic week, ate loads cos the food is superb-the meat is really high quality and i dont eat much meat but eat it i did.met lots of really nice people and the staff were the best even better than the thomson spirit and they take some beating. enjoy

Like highland Lassie..we are on the IE last week June and 1st week July.. 5th year now..would we be going back if it wasn't any good..I think not, wise choice peoples enjoy :D

Another 2 for the first week in July,myself and my wife.Last week in June a weeks stay in Majorca.First time on this ship after 3 cruises on OV2

bardunc,

We do like Palma Nova.Nice and quietish but not too far from the hussle and bustle of Magaluf if it takes your fancy.....Me,I`m too old for the likes of that :D

In the late 90`s early 2000 we stayed in Palma Nova 5 years on the trot(Santa Lucia Hotel).Had the opportunity of staying their again next year but plumped for a wee change plus the Son Matias gets good reviews

Also stayed in Santa Ponsa and Alcudia.Quite liked both but prefer Palma Nova

What dates your cruise in July?

we only go in october for our 40th ann and hubbies 60th b/day . stayed in magaluf for a month a few years ago in jan lovely and quiet stayed at the sol magaluf park can recomend it food brill.been back a few times jan /feb .only dissapoitment is at that time of year everything closed early not botherd about night life but like a walk by the beach, it was deserted . not like benidorm barb

Hi Jim

We are booked to go on Island Escape on the Med Discovery on 6 May 2010.

We went on Thomson Celebration this year and we loved it.It was hubby's first cruise- he had fought against going on a cruise for donkeys years! But he is the donkey as he openly admits now because he thought it was fantastic- waking up in a new place every day, free drinks, lovely staff- he can't wait to go again and wishes that he had done it years ago.

I have always wanted to stay at the Santa Lucia in Palma Nova- one day I will.Last December my pal & I went to stay at the Son Matias.The hotel was lovely- gorgeous peaceful sea view greeted us as we entered the bedroom and flung open the curtains.At night with the moon reflecting on the sea it was beautiful - we could see the cruise ships leaving Palma in the evening- next year I will be on it!

You will not be dissappointed with the Son Matias- the food was perfect.It was lovely having tea & coffee facilities in the room for a lunchtime break on the balcony.

The only gripe we had was the extortionate price of snacks & food in the nearby shops- a loaf was 4 euros! So we used to half inch a breadbun out of the dining room tee hee.The evening entertainment in the Son Matias was varied and enjoyable.We were cringing though when the Welsh female singer was on and we slid out of the lounge bar to walk up to the Santa Lucia where a superb Xmas ballet show kept us totally enthralled.

Flopsy

Hi Jim

We are booked to go on Island Escape on the Med Discovery on 6 May 2010.

Hi Flopsy,

Enjoy it and I look forward to hearing about your trip when you get back.Reading reviews it would seem the cabins are quite small and can do with a makeover but clean..However,entertainment,food and staff get good reviews

We went on Thomson Celebration this year and we loved it.It was hubby's first cruise- he had fought against going on a cruise for donkeys years! But he is the donkey as he openly admits now because he thought it was fantastic- waking up in a new place every day, free drinks, lovely staff- he can't wait to go again and wishes that he had done it years ago.

I have a wife like that :) Persuaded her to go on a cruise 3 years ago,decided on a stay n cruise and she loved it so much that we have cruised for the past 3 years,4th year next year

I have always wanted to stay at the Santa Lucia in Palma Nova- one day I will.

Stayed their numerous times and to be honest its nothing special.Don`t get me wrong,nice hotel,smallish rooms but great views,food okay,entertainment okay etc but try getting a sun lounger at the pool.You need to be able to do the 100 metres quicker than Usain Bolt..Pool door doesn`t open till 8-00am and theres guests queing from 7-00am.Many roll their towels up and leave behind the door in regimented order,go back to their rooms and come down at 7-55am.Once the wee man opens the door its likes the sales at Harrods,bodies running in all directions :)

Last December my pal & I went to stay at the Son Matias.The hotel was lovely- gorgeous peaceful sea view greeted us as we entered the bedroom and flung open the curtains.At night with the moon reflecting on the sea it was beautiful - we could see the cruise ships leaving Palma in the evening- next year I will be on it!

You will not be dissappointed with the Son Matias- the food was perfect.It was lovely having tea & coffee facilities in the room for a lunchtime break on the balcony.

Flopsy

Thanks for that Flopsy..Sounds good and basically confirms all the reviews I have read.looking forward to it

The only gripe we had was the extortionate price of snacks & food in the nearby shops- a loaf was 4 euros!

Does not help with the poor exchange rate

So we used to half inch a breadbun out of the dining room tee hee.

lol..seems to be the norm.Watched numerous folk do the same on our cruise this year but it wasn`t just a wee breadbun.They were making up bacon rolls,fruit juice poured into an empty bottle etc to take on their trips on shore

Jim

We are off on the ie on tuesday, will give you the low down when we get back

Hi again DUT123,

Looking for a favour

We are on the All Inclusive deal on the cruise(are you?)and finding info on what drinks are included is fairly scarce.

If you are able to pass on info on your return it would be appreciated

ie draught beers available,spirits,cocktails(for the Mrs)

Received booking confirmation on Sat for our holiday then while pottering about on Thomson site yesterday found out that our flight times had changed for the 24th June............Now flying out nearly 9 hours earlier than when I booked and worse,7 hours later coming home.Our original flight times was one of the attractions of booking originally....I know flight times are subject to change but for only to get confirmation on the Sat then see a major flight time change 3 days later makes me not a happy bunny :mad:

Had me worried then Jim the scott?

Just checked mine for 24th June 2010 (Norwich) not changed as yet :D

259 days to go though? seems like an eternity :p

:D

Should have said its the Edinburgh flight.Originally flying with Air Europa now Monarch

Must be 259 days for me as well then :D

Archived