Another aft cabin question! (752 vs 753 Golden Princess, Alaska

Sailkeywest

Hubby and I booked C753 for our cruise to Alaska in 2010. I chose this cabin because of all the wonderful reviews that I have read, and chose it because of the direction we will be going, thought we would have better views of the land/glaciers/etc. But now I am second guessing myself because of a few things that I have read have said that it is better to be port side! (our cruise will include Glacier Bay for that time period on the Golden Princess)

I have done a thorough search on this topic, but cannot seem to find any pictures or reviews of that cruise that might help me with this particular dilemma. Most say they are both great rooms, but this is a trip of a lifetime for us, and I really want to make the most educated decision possible.

Can anyone with any experience on this enlighten me? Thank you, as always!

Hubby and I booked C753 for our cruise to Alaska in 2010. I chose this cabin because of all the wonderful reviews that I have read, and chose it because of the direction we will be going, thought we would have better views of the land/glaciers/etc. But now I am second guessing myself because of a few things that I have read have said that it is better to be port side! (our cruise will include Glacier Bay for that time period on the Golden Princess)

I have done a thorough search on this topic, but cannot seem to find any pictures or reviews of that cruise that might help me with this particular dilemma. Most say they are both great rooms, but this is a trip of a lifetime for us, and I really want to make the most educated decision possible.

Can anyone with any experience on this enlighten me? Thank you, as always!

We just had C753 in Alaska and it was great because there was no wind!

Our last trip to Alaska we had an aft balcony. Everyone else was crammed up on the top deck and all wearing jackets. Also, remember that on a side balcony only one side or the other of the ship has the view at the moment, where at the aft you always have a view unless what you are wanting to see is at the bow. We were warm and toasty and just in long sleeves on our balcony, no wind like the people on the sides have. We had a tremendous view. Then after we left the glacier and while everyone who was up on the top deck wandered back to their cabins, we watched the most magnificent whale show off the aft. For over 2 hours the whales played in the wake. We saw over 50 breachings. It was fabulous. It seemed like the whales were following us and playing in the wake. As you go into glacier bay, you from your aft balcony will see glaciers on both sides. Full 180. Then when you get to the big glacier you will have to look to the left and your view will not be 100% but 90%. But, before you leave they will rotate the ship, you will see everything and you will be watching the big glacier as you sail away (you missed this part as you sailed up to the glacier). You will absolutely love your aft balcony. The views are to die for. Enjoy!

Do not give up that cabin!!

We had C753 to Alaska last month and it was fabulous. You're going to think you died and went to heaven with that balcony. The day you go to Tracy Arm (or Endicott or wherever you wind up) you're going to open that curtain and then your breath will suck in and you won't believe your eyes.

It's a wonderful cabin........do NOT give it up. No side cabin is ever going to come close to the wonderful views you're going to get from here.

We're also booked in C753 next summer on the Golden. Staying out of the wind is a must in Alaska and you will love the cabin :D

We did a mini suite (D607) on the Island Princess one year for the extra room and the fact that there are no aft balcony cabins. Most of the time it was too cold on our balcony and we were constantly running down the hall to the aft viewing deck. It was warm back there ;)

Archived