Picture of Millenium with Eagle

Guitar Ed

Don't know if this is the proper area to post this (and if it isn't, I apoligize), but, this picture came out so nicely that I wanted to share it with this group.

This was taken on our arrival in Seward on August 14th during a Kenai Fjords excursion. I was lucky to get the Millennium in the background.

EaglewithMilleniumlowres.jpg

Seeing Bald Eagles was very common on our cruise. We saw our first one on the first full day in BC and it was normal afterward. It never lost it's luster!

We also saw Black Bears, Brown Bears, Moose, Puffins, sea lions, otters, whales, etc.

Incredible shot! Lucky you ... not only did the bird stay still but you got a remarkably nice shot of the ship as well.

It is, of course ... and not disparaging your lovely pic at all ... hard not to get amazing shots in Alaska. Everywhere you turn you've got one.

I loved the Kenai Fjords catamaran trip. One of the highlights of both my Alaska trips was the six hours on the smaller boat.

Thanks for sharing.

fern

Don't know if this is the proper area to post this (and if it isn't, I apoligize), but, this picture came out so nicely that I wanted to share it with this group.

This was taken on our arrival in Seward on August 14th during a Kenai Fjords excursion. I was lucky to get the Millennium in the background.

/quote]

Thanks for a sharp photo.

I will send it to friends we cruised on the Millie with earlier.

Incredible shot! Lucky you ... not only did the bird stay still but you got a remarkably nice shot of the ship as well.

It is, of course ... and not disparaging your lovely pic at all ... hard not to get amazing shots in Alaska. Everywhere you turn you've got one.

I loved the Kenai Fjords catamaran trip. One of the highlights of both my Alaska trips was the six hours on the smaller boat.

Thanks for sharing.

fern

You are welcome and right about it not being hard to get National Geographic type shots as a rank amateur.

The main reason for the post is having the Millie in the background. When we were going by the Eagle and the ship, this was the shot I was trying to get and it worked (to my amazement).

Archived