At what point do you stop following a thread

jerseygirl79

I'll read the OP's post but generally do not read the entire thread before posting. If I did it would take forever on the long ones.

I'll say what I have to say and maybe follow it if it is a really hot topic or it has got my ire up. Otherwise I just move on quickly.

I have been following a thread for almost 5 years now. The OP was diagnosed with breast cancer and so was I during that time. She has been there for me emotionally and has truly been an encouragment when I was down. Thankfully, we are both doing fine and celebrating 5 years this month of being cancer-free.

So basically we keep up with each other lives and check in frequently to see how each other is doing. We have made many friends along with way as well :)

When it becomes a bicker contest with posters trying to be "right" and the actual topic at hand is lost. Otherwise I will read through many pages just to get different perspectives and ideas :)

I agree! When posters become disrespectful to each other and go off topic I tend to tune out.

I have been following a thread for almost 5 years now. The OP was diagnosed with breast cancer and so was I during that time. She has been there for me emotionally and has truly been an encouragment when I was down. Thankfully, we are both doing fine and celebrating 5 years this month of being cancer-free.

So basically we keep up with each other lives and check in frequently to see how each other is doing. We have made many friends along with way as well :)

My best wishes to both of you.. One of the nicest things about cyberspace, the ability to reach out to people you would have never met.

I do enjoy and find helpful reading outlooks/perspectives that are different from mine. I genuinely enjoy most people's stories and learning about other's experiences. I don't like when people get nasty and/or rude.

Sometimes I think it is just how words come across when there is no body lanuage to accompany them. Others times I think people have a difference persona on a message board as opposed to face to face. I know I do, in person I avoid confortation and rarely disagree with someone (unless you are my DH)

I stop following if my name is still listed as the last post LOL.

To those that limit it to x number of pages, is that with it still at the default 20 posts per page, or have you changed it to another number? I have mine at 40.

I stop following if my name is still listed as the last post LOL.

To those that limit it to x number of pages, is that with it still at the default 20 posts per page, or have you changed it to another number? I have mine at 40.

Mine are still at 20. Didn't even know I could change it. Hmm....good know. :)

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]I usually quit reading the thread when the [B]high-count posters[/B] start parsing words and phrases and trying to one up each other by quoting each other (often out of context) and then, when they're out of logical ammunition, resorting to snide name-calling always carefully crafted to fall below the TOS threshhold. :D I consider it the battle of the [B]"Alpha Males"[/B] (although they aren't all males) as they seem to be vying for thread dominance instead of maybe [B]ANSWERING THE OP's ORIGINAL QUESTION ? :rolleyes:[/B]

Its ironic how many will respond to this post maybe thinking they can fool the others into thinking they are not the ones I'm talking about.:D

Its all good. :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

Archived