Birthdays on Carnival

Ave43

Go to "My Cruise" on the CCL site, click modify documents. There will be an area where they ask about special occasions. Next to your kid's info type in birthday.

Our waitress embarrassed me by bringing out a piece of cake with a lit candle, and singing "Happy Birthday"!

I hope this helps!

If we take our June 2010 cruise, my son will be celebrating his 12th birthday onboard! Does Carnival do anything special to recognize this if they notify them?

Thanks!

Ave

I celebrated a b-day on a cruise and our TA was notified about it. The TA in turn made the arrangement and a cake was served after dinner on the day.

I enjoyed my birthday on the Glory two years ago.......we had a cake after dinner, my friends ordered a bottle of champagne and our fantastic waiters put on funky hats and sang happy birthday. Great memories, lots of fun!

If we take our June 2010 cruise, my son will be celebrating his 12th birthday onboard! Does Carnival do anything special to recognize this if they notify them?

Thanks!

Ave

On our last cruise Oct 2008 ,my grandson turned 10. We ordered a Chocolate cake from the Gifts site on Carnival. It was brought to our Dinner table the night of his Birthday. There was 7 of us . The cake was $10. Well worth it, and plenty big. :)

Edited by cjar855

On our upcoming Nov cruise we will be celebrating lots of birthdays. My husband's is the 2nd night (formal), my twin boys will be turning 13 four days after we return, and my friend's daughter (they are traveling with us) will have just turned 11 before the cruise. We plan to order birthday decorations for our cabins and order cakes to be served at dinner. Oh what fun...:D

Last November my family sailed on the Glory and one of my daughters turned 21 on the cruise.

We ordered a cake in advance, after dinner several waiters came to our table, our waiter made a "hat" out of some napkins for her, had her stand up and we all sang happy birthday to her. Several nearby tables joined in.

Great fun!

My daughter turned 20 on the Splendor a year ago. I purchased cut out and hang down decorations at the party store at home, and printed signs ("HB" and "Kimberly is 20") on the color printer at work, which all laid flat in the bottom of my suitcase. With a roll of packing tape, they all went up pretty quickly on the afternoon of her birthday. I also packed a package of balloons, which we blew up and just laid on the floor and bed in our cabin.

She's not big on cake, so I ordered chocolate covered strawberries from Formalities a day in advance, which were delivered to our table at dinner. Our server also brought a slice of cake with a candle, even though we had not requested it. We ordered a bottle of champagne and toasted the occasion. It's not every day you turn 20 on a cruise ship. Also, we wrote a note to the Maitre 'D, and he announced her name.

All in all, it was a very fun way to celebrate her birthday on the ship.

Edited by breezy1200

• 4 years later...

On our upcoming cruise, my daugher-in-law will celebrate her b-day the first day on the ship. My TA ordered the cake and asked to have balloons in her cabin prior to her arrival. What a way to start a cruise.

:)

On our upcoming cruise, my daugher-in-law will celebrate her b-day the first day on the ship. My TA ordered the cake and asked to have balloons in her cabin prior to her arrival. What a way to start a cruise.

:)

First, welcome to Cruise Critic. Second, congratulations on using the "search" function to find what you're looking for, even if the thread is five years old. So many new to posting on here don't take the time to search for something, and end up creating a (nearly) duplicate thread. Nearly all of our cruises have coincided with an anniversary or birthday celebration. Is there any way to better celebrate a special occasion with your family? Hope you and your family have a great cruise!:)

We are taking our daughter on the Carnival Breeze for her 16th Birthday celebration in June! I went on the Carnival website for special occasions and purchased the Birthday room decoration package. It was around $30 and the room will be decorated the day we board.

We are booking a special dinner for her at the Steak house on the Breeze! They have awesome desserts there so no need for an extra cake....

Her Dad and her are para sailing in Key West that day too.....

We also purchased a blingy Sweet 16 tank top to give her for the cruise...

So you can purchase things through the cruise line and bring things along for extra touches.

Cruising is a fun way to celebrate a Birthday!! Enjoy!

Thanks!

Ave

I've celebrated my last 3 birthdays on the ship. My SO told our head waiter and they brought a special dessert with a candle in it.