On board activity question -

alidor

In the Caribbean when Seabourn is in port, is there a lot to do on board if one doesn't go on land? Since most people would be doing shore excursions or enjoying the beach, I would guess there's very little to actually do on board. Have never been on Seabourn and would like to know how days in port in the Caribbean would be if we stay on the ship.

If you choose to stay aboard while calling on Caribbean ports there really isn't alot of planned activities ~~you can enjoy the Spa or the Beauty Salon, pick up a movie, visit fellow shipmates at the Sky Bar, have lunch ~~also tea time at 4:00 pm.

Most guests and Staff/Crew will go ashore during Caribbean cruises.

Sometimes I stay aboard and I've always found lots to do!:p

Martita B.

If you choose to stay aboard while calling on Caribbean ports there really isn't alot of planned activities ~~you can enjoy the Spa or the Beauty Salon, pick up a movie, visit fellow shipmates at the Sky Bar, have lunch ~~also tea time at 4:00 pm.

Most guests and Staff/Crew will go ashore during Caribbean cruises.

Sometimes I stay aboard and I've always found lots to do!:p

Martita B.

I agree with MB..and how about a nice read by the pool? It is also a nice time to chat with people and get to know them. I have noticed also that some people get together a bridge game. It is a wonderful relaxing time. My husband and I usually take a short walk and return immediately to "our own yacht". Lola

Thank you. I'm just thinking of some elderly (in their 90's but in good health) people who might come with us. They are also well traveled so they aren't necessarily interested in the ports and because of their age, prefer to stay on board and enjoy what is there.

Please encourage your "90 year young" friends to join you. I sailed on Seabourn with my 90 year old Mother for several years. Some ports the ocean was too rough for her to board the tenders so she would stay on the ship ~~once in St Bart's I ask the Purser if they knew of a Crew Member that I might ask to keep Mama company while I went ashore ~~'lo and behold, at 11 a.m. the very handsome Assn. Cruise Director came ~~spent most of the day with her. (of course, I slipped him a "love envelope." She adored her date!:D

Your friends, I am sure, will enjoy the extra attention they will receive from the Staff/Crew while staying aboard the ship.

Martita B.

If you remember, MB, my husband, Clyde is 94 and still going strong. He doesn't look anywhere near 90, either! We are doing the Caribbean Odyssey cruise in Nov. and don't plan to do much ashore since we've "been there and done that" many times. There's nothing like just relaxing on the near empty ship and enjoying the peace and quiet. Jean

If you remember, MB, my husband, Clyde is 94 and still going strong. He doesn't look anywhere near 90, either! We are doing the Caribbean Odyssey cruise in Nov. and don't plan to do much ashore since we've "been there and done that" many times. There's nothing like just relaxing on the near empty ship and enjoying the peace and quiet. Jean

And I can certainly attest to the fact that Clyde doesnt look anywhere near his "supposed" 94 years!! Neither does Jean look anywhere near her ???? age.....I am still not sure I believe them!! ;)

The ship is lovely and quiet when everyone else goes on shore.....we just do our usual...eat, read and snooze!!

Archived