RCI - upgrade to Junior Suite with Infant?

cryce

We are on the Mariner of the Seas this December and we're currently in a balcony cabin (E2 I believe). We are thinking of upgrading to a Junior Suite. Any feedback would be great.

I read somewhere about a couple putting the pack n play in the "walk in closet" in their junior suite...possible? :)

I haven't stayed in a JS, but I have stayed in balcony cabins (180 sq. ft plus balcony), oceanviews (200 sq ft) and family oceanviews (300 sq. ft) with myself and 3 kids. The additional square footage within one cabin makes a HUGE difference.

Our last 2 cruises were like night and day. On one, we were all in an oceanview (200 sq. ft). We were all on top of each other. No one had a relaxing time - we were all irritated with each other. On our last cruise, which just ended Friday, we had a 300+ sq ft family oceanview. It was soo much more relaxing to be able to take a few steps around the cabin without stepping over someone. Everyone had a great time.

For me, if the price difference were less than $100/day, I would definitely take the JS. If it were more, I still might.

A JS is more than ample for 2 adults and a baby....yes, you probably could fit the P&P into the closet, but I'm not sure that's the best place for baby! There's alot of space in the "sitting" portion of the cabin for the P&P.

I was wondering the same. We are in D1 balcony next April on Liberty. We are bringing a 4 year old and an 11 month old. Given we may be a bit more limited on what we can do, e.g. going to shows etc., with the baby I wondered if it might be worth paying a bit more to have the extra space. I am anticipating that we may spend more time in the cabins on the balcony with a glass of wine while the kids are in bed. Do people think it is worth paying the extra for a JS (current price difference is about $800). There are still lots of JS left so I wondered if it may be worth waiting a while to see if the prices comes down (it seems much harder to get TAs to sort out price drops in the UK).

I was wondering the same. We are in D1 balcony next April on Liberty. We are bringing a 4 year old and an 11 month old. Given we may be a bit more limited on what we can do, e.g. going to shows etc., with the baby I wondered if it might be worth paying a bit more to have the extra space. I am anticipating that we may spend more time in the cabins on the balcony with a glass of wine while the kids are in bed. Do people think it is worth paying the extra for a JS (current price difference is about $800). There are still lots of JS left so I wondered if it may be worth waiting a while to see if the prices comes down (it seems much harder to get TAs to sort out price drops in the UK).

You dont need to upgrade. find out if aft balcony 1400 or 1700 is available. If available move quickly into that room. Size of a JS with a D1 price.

With a small baby (only) I would not upgrade to JS. You can always separate the room using the privacy curtain. The PnP will fold up and fit into the corner of any balcony room, and not be obstructive, when not in use.

With 2 kids I would look to see if one of the balcony/inside connecting rooms were available on the ship and price that as compared to a JS.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked connecting cabins when we took our 12-month old on Mariner. This gave us a ton of room, two bathrooms (yay!), and was LESS expensive than one JS. How is that possible? There is actually a configuration on Mariner where you can get an Inside cabin connecting to a Balcony. It was a great set up.

Archived