Beware of Howard Johnsons Plaza - Miami

trscuit

Just thought I should warn everyone about the Howard Johnsons Plaza Inn Miami. We originally found the hotel on line (i dont remeber which site) and they were reported to be at least a 3 Star Hotel. IT WAS NOT!!!!! We should have known what we were getting into when our group of 6 waited at the Airport for hours for the shuttle. Another group of 12 waited even longer. They were there before we were but the shuttle pulled up to us and we got on, then we found out they were there first. Since they could not all fit into the van, they sent part of there group with us and the rest waited another hour. then after we got into our rooms (which were not what we reserved) part of our group tried to go back down to the desk and found the elevators broken and the employees to be very un cooperative. Then the others group arrived and the front desk people totally ingored them and would not even tell them were the stairs were.

In the morning we couldnt get service in the restaurant (few other tables did either) . At first my son thought we were being ingored because of discrimination but we noticed that every color, nationality and religion were treated the same way (no service). The pool that was advertized was closed and no one wanted to offer any apologies or sympathy about any of the problems. I will NEVER stay there again.

I'm booked here for a post-cruise stay. I think it's in Hialeah Gardens. Luckily, I have car so I'm not using their shuttle. Hopefully, I have a better experience. I picked it because of several positve reviews at travelocity..

Hialeah and Hialeah Gardens is like 99.9% cuban. This hotel is right off the freeway and you can see it from there. Better practice your spanish.

I'm booked here for a post-cruise stay. I think it's in Hialeah Gardens. Luckily, I have car so I'm not using their shuttle. Hopefully, I have a better experience. I picked it because of several positve reviews at travelocity..

Archived