Flying the Welsh Flag ! OCEANA

Tizzy

There are two things that have prompted me to write in to the Forum but lets deal with the issue of the WELSH FLAG first.

If anyone sailing on the Oceana saw a mad woman jumping up and down at Departure time waving a Welsh flag it was an excited Mum who had travelled from Germany to wave her son off on his first cruise working as a Ships Photographer.( Actually it was a welsh tea towel I was waving as I had forgotten the flag !) I wasn't sure I was going to see my son but guessed he would see the flag as everyone usually waves a Union Jack.

I didn't however bargain on so many Welsh people being on board as my plan back-fired and half the ship waved back. Sadly my son had already started work so it was a wasted journey ...(or maybe he thought I'm not admitting to that mad woman being my Mum !)

Now for my next plea. Please don't give the Photographers such a hard time in the P&O reviews. Someone recently said the Photographers were like cockroaches crawling over everyone.

These youngsters work VERY long hours are payed by commission and are the people who love making your holiday memorable. Next time you are on the ship say hello to my son. He's the tall dark handsome one and have an extra photo or two taken. Enjoy your Cruise everyone.

There are two things that have prompted me to write in to the Forum but lets deal with the issue of the WELSH FLAG first.

If anyone sailing on the Oceana saw a mad woman jumping up and down at Departure time waving a Welsh flag it was an excited Mum who had travelled from Germany to wave her son off on his first cruise working as a Ships Photographer.( Actually it was a welsh tea towel I was waving as I had forgotten the flag !) I wasn't sure I was going to see my son but guessed he would see the flag as everyone usually waves a Union Jack.

I didn't however bargain on so many Welsh people being on board as my plan back-fired and half the ship waved back. Sadly my son had already started work so it was a wasted journey ...(or maybe he thought I'm not admitting to that mad woman being my Mum !)

Now for my next plea. Please don't give the Photographers such a hard time in the P&O reviews. Someone recently said the Photographers were like cockroaches crawling over everyone.

These youngsters work VERY long hours are payed by commission and are the people who love making your holiday memorable. Next time you are on the ship say hello to my son. He's the tall dark handsome one and have an extra photo or two taken. Enjoy your Cruise everyone.

I'm onboard Oceana on Saturday. I'll send him your love!

I'm onboard Oceana on Saturday. I'll send him your love!

I am sure Tizzy would like that but would rather you buy a couple of photos as she stated in her thread. I for one do not think a photographer taking snaps would ever be a problem.

Thanks for your good wishes Libra-Lass.

Some Cruise DVD's are better than others. I usually buy one but they all vary depending on which cruise line has put it together.

Sorry I cannot help with the required qualifications to be a Photographer with P&O . Our son has a degree and had previous experience working as a Nightclub Photographer. A passion for photography is essential as it can be hard work and the hours are very long.

Archived